******** in Ottawa looking to switch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ******** in Ottawa looking to switch.

I am currently a ******** cable internet customer in Ottawa. How much of a process would I have to go through to switch over to you. I am looking at switching in stages. I would get a cable internet package with a basic IPTV package on one TV and if I was happy, I would switch more TV's as I could afford it. Also, what payment methods do you accept?

Hi Ottawa411 thanks very much for considering VMedia. Switching is reasonably straightforward as long as you know what to expect. Typically, as you know even though you get your service from TSI we will have to organize a switch with Rogers' involvement, which only they control. So when you go through the signup process with VMedia, you'll be prompted to provide install dates, but these are only preferences. The actual install date may or may not be one that you have chosen, because in the end Rogers will come when it is convenient. Once they have chosen a date they will give us a notice of confirmation, which may or may not come with enough lead time to for you to organize being there. Typically it is fine, but sometimes the confirmation has come at the last minute.

Since you are switching from another ISP TSI will have to decommission its modem and that does not necessarily happen right away. Until it is decommissioned, we can't hook you up to our network. What we do to ensure you don't have downtime is offer to send you a loaner modem, for which you would provide a deposit, which would be returned once your existing modem is decommissioned and turned over to us. Of course if you want a new modem(your current one might not be Docsis 3.0 for example) you can get one from us from the get go and you would be up once the install is completed.

Hope that helps.

As for payments, for now we accept VISA, Amex and MC, and will be introducing bank payments shortly.

Best regards George.

Comment

Thanks for your info.

Comment

Working...
      X