Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does downgrading a tv plan only take effect next billing period?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does downgrading a tv plan only take effect next billing period?

If I wanted to downgrade to another plan I am told it will take effect next billing period. Why is this? If I wanted to updgrade will I have to wait till the next billing period as well?

follow up ... My request to speak to a manager resulted in a call back and my request to downgrade was granted for those who care ...

Comment

Originally posted by shabbaweb View Post
      If I wanted to downgrade to another plan I am told it will take effect next billing period. Why is this? If I wanted to updgrade will I have to wait till the next billing period as well?
      I seem to remember from an old forum discussion that VMedia pays for their services upfront at the beginning of a monthly cycle. So if 100 subscribers at the beginning of the month have package XYZ. Then VMedia pays 100 XYZ packages up front. Therefore any changes to the packages over the following month would have to be carried by VMedia. Thus the desire to push changes until the next billing cycle.

Comment

Vmedia is prepaid... pay before service.. this is why... no credit checks required

Comment

Originally posted by Chipster View Post

I seem to remember from an old forum discussion that VMedia pays for their services upfront at the beginning of a monthly cycle. So if 100 subscribers at the beginning of the month have package XYZ. Then VMedia pays 100 XYZ packages up front. Therefore any changes to the packages over the following month would have to be carried by VMedia. Thus the desire to push changes until the next billing cycle.
          That doesn't make any sense, because if I wanted to add channels to my package it is within 24 hours... So if they prepaid for 100 channels for the month, where did they get the 101 channel?

Comment

Originally posted by rho88 View Post

That doesn't make any sense, because if I wanted to add channels to my package it is within 24 hours... So if they prepaid for 100 channels for the month, where did they get the 101 channel?
            Isn't adding channels pro-rated? I believe pre-paid starts on the next cycle if I understood that old forum correctly.

Comment

When a customer orders a package/channel we have the ability to prorate the charges and make it available for them right away. But if customer later decides to cancel it before the end of a month, VMedia will have to carry forward that cost until that billing period ends. So it is in our interest to cancel it at the end of the month rather than doing it right away. However, if a customer calls in and puts in a request, we will cancel that package for them immediately as they want it to be.

Comment

Working...
              X