1080p tv broadcast....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1080p tv broadcast....

Any idea if Vmedia will start broadcasting in 1080P versus the 720p were currently getting signals in?

Leshka mentioned in a previous post that the new box slated to be released in a few months will have the capability of 1080p

as of now, the current boxes do not have,and will not have the ability to broadcast in 1080p without a jump to the current android firmware.. which apparently is not compatible with current boxes.

im sure we will get an conclusive answer to your question within a few months

Comment

Almost all TV content is broadcast in 720p, this ks not a VMedia thing, all of Rogers content is either 720p or 1080i. You are not going to find many channels in 1080p.

Comment

Originally posted by Hacksaw2085 View Post
        Almost all TV content is broadcast in 720p, this ks not a VMedia thing, all of Rogers content is either 720p or 1080i. You are not going to find many channels in 1080p.
        very true.. they seem to reserve 1080p for ppv's and events.. considering the sheer size of a 1080p broadcast in terms of bandwidth,, 720p is about 1/4 the size

Comment

Yup, why bother with 1080p broadcast streams when it's not broadcast from the original source in 1080p? (And worse, if it was 1080p it would be super compressed 1080p. I'd rather have 720p with less compression).

Comment

Working...
          X