Reduction in fees CRTC 2016-396

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduction in fees CRTC 2016-396

As a result of the above CRTC ruling, some internet providers are temporarily reducing fees.
    Will VMedia be reducing fees? If yes, by how much and how long?

Hi,

We're reviewing current pricing and plan offerings and will consider reduction to pricing in the future if it is feasible. We're committed to providing unlimited internet plans at competitive pricing.

Comment

Some companies have already lowered their prices. I hope Vmedia will move quickly on this.

Comment

I would welcome a reduction in price but is there any internet provider that offers 40Mb *and* unlimited bandwith *with* IPTV?
        Forget IPTV, just internet...40Mb+ unlimited there are none that I know of in Ontario or Quebec.

Comment

Originally posted by jgroves View Post
          Some companies have already lowered their prices. I hope Vmedia will move quickly on this.
          VMedia are in a competitive situation, they are well aware of this. I'm sure that reductions will be announced in early January when all their competitors announce reductions.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Total View Post
            VMedia are in a competitive situation, they are well aware of this. I'm sure that reductions will be announced in early January when all their competitors announce reductions.
            Would be nice to have some idea if or when VMedia intends to announce new lower internet rates. VMedia rates are now seriously uncompetitive.

Comment

Not sure i agree... vmedia i find for unlimited is reasonably priced... still cheaper than most unlimited offers by others.

Comment

I do I'm signed up for a 100/10 unlimited plan c/w a wireless modem router From Rogers @ $65.00 per month for 2 yrs. in my new house when I move in....
                Last edited by rwilly; 5 days ago.

Comment

OK, let's raise the profile of this question a bit. When can I expect to see reduced internet costs? There are some great offers out there (apparently) expiring soon and I need to make a decision.

Comment

Hi,

We may be able to offer slightly lower rates at some point in the future for internet, but cannot commit to wholesale changes at the moment. We're reviewing some of the promotional offers which were released just last week from some of our competitors to determine what's feasible.

We feel we're still quite competitive on internet rates, and even moreso when factoring in TV, but need to be cautious with pricing. The last thing we want to do is lower pricing, only to raise again shortly thereafter.

Comment

I'd rather see the money go towards bandwidth and as a result the nightly caps removed or increased.

Comment

Originally posted by rwilly View Post
                        I do I'm signed up for a 100/10 unlimited plan c/w a wireless modem router From Rogers @ $65.00 per month for 2 yrs. in my new house when I move in....
                        That's a promo price, and when Rogers owns their own end user network, they can do that kind of deal. Vmedia and others are not always able due to regulated pricing by the CRTC.

Comment

Originally posted by Hacksaw2085 View Post
                          I'd rather see the money go towards bandwidth and as a result the nightly caps removed or increased.
                          I agree!... For unlimited, I really don't find Vmedia that out of line... I rather see investment in the network to improve it. IF the CRTC changes bodies to ones sympathetic to the BIG guys, you may see increases again, so I get the idea of being cautious.

Comment

I too prefer bandwith over lower prices and capped internet! I have been charged so often for bandwith exceed that it was actually costing a lot more than with Vmedia.
                            I just hope that Cogeco can upgrade their freakin infrastructure in my area ASAP, it is beyond broken.

Comment

Working...
                            X