Adding channels to V-Cloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding channels to V-Cloud

Has there been any discussion on adding more channels to the V-Cloud. Currently I find it is quite restricted. Thanks.

Hi Phil,

We are certainly trying to get more channels under our VCloud. However, due to its nature, it will take a while before we get the right permissions to VCloud them. Recently, 24 multicultural channels were added to this list with the ability to access shows that are up to 3 days old.
    Channel list page: https://www.vmedia.ca/en/tv/channels

Comment

Thank you Jose.

Comment

To my understanding Phil, the broadcasters seem very unwilling to allow 24/7 recording of their channels on the server end (Vmedia). Your PVR is protected under copyright on your end, which is why you can record on your own PVR and not Vcloud.

I personally don't see the issue, other than the ability to skip commercials and maybe go against some of the big companies versions of Vcloud.

Comment

Thanks korebray, much appreciated. Are you saying if I buy a microSD card or similar storage device I should be able to record the other channels that are not on the current Cloud option ?

Comment

Hi Phil,

That is right. If you are using a VBox (not available on Roku), the client side PVR feature of it allows you to record any channels locally by plugging in an SD card or USB drive to it.

Comment

Thanks Jose, it is a Vbox. Is there a specific speed class and size restriction for the micro SD card that I need to keep in mind ?

Comment

Speed Class 4 or higher is preferred for an SD card. If you are using USB, VBox supports 2.0 only. We have tested hard drives that are up to 1TB in storage to work fine with PVR and SD cards that up to 32 GB.

Comment

Sorry, couple of question.About how much time can I record to a 64 GB micro sd card and am I able to set a recording for a program in the future ?

Comment

An hour long show takes approximately 2GB of space. You can set a program to be recorded in future. The PVR also has the ability to "schedule" recording of all shows of the same program. You can set a maximum of 2 shows to be recorded at the same time.

Comment

Thank you Jose. That is great news.

Comment

Working...
                      X