Apple TV app?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple TV app?

Any news on this? Last I heard it was Q1 2017 which is in the past now.

Would love to to be a subscriber again but need this app

Hi,

Thank you for your interest.
    We have had some unexpected projects that came in which required high priority. This has delayed the release a bit. More details can be provided once available.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose (JP) View Post
      Hi,

Thank you for your interest.
      We have had some unexpected projects that came in which required high priority. This has delayed the release a bit. More details can be provided once available.
      The Apple TV app and/or Android TV app are the main reasons why I can't switch over to vmedia. Will this happen in 2017 or in 2018? Be nice to be able to plan.

In the meantime, can the Roku app pause live tv or does that require the pvr capability?

Comment

If everything goes as expected, we should be able to release it by the end of this year.

The ability to pause live TV is not available on Roku nor VBox. However, VBox does have the capability to play a show while it is recording which enables one to record a live show and watch it from the "recording" files and pause/rewind/forward the playback from there. We cannot enable this feature on VMedia Roku app since PVR capability is not available on Roku device.

Comment

Jose,

Would you enable it for Vbox? It's one of the major features that is missing and the BLUE company has had it for a long time now.

Comment

, VBox does have the capability to play a show while it is recording which enables one to record a live show and watch it from the "recording" files and pause/rewind/forward the playback from there.
            - This feature is already enabled in VBox with the latest update.

If you meant to enable the feature where one can pause/rewind/forward from an actual live show, we have plans to add this feature but have some technical hurdles to overcome.

Comment

So... no legal reasons behind not providing live pause/rwd ?

Comment

- This feature is already enabled in VBox with the latest update.

If you meant to enable the feature where one can pause/rewind/forward from an actual live show, we have plans to add this feature but have some technical hurdles to overcome.
                Sorry... yes.. I was referring to the LIVE TV pause/rewind/fforward.

I know a while back we had the feature briefly on Vcloud channels (at least to restart a show on live tv). Is that not a possibility at least or is that also hung up with the technical hurdle?
                Last edited by koreybray; 06-14-2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Pausing or Forwarding (to live time if TV was paused already) is technically possible by enabling recording on VBox. However, Rewinding or Restarting live shows would require us to record all live shows at all times so that when someone wants to access a live program at any given point, it can be restarted from the beginning - to enable this for all channels, we have legal constraints from content holders.
                  Providing these features are something that we are looking to in future.

Comment

wait...
                    "...would require us to record all live shows at all times so that when someone wants to access a live program at any given point, it can be restarted from the beginning "

I don't think that's what most people are expecting -
                    I think most people, when they think 'DVR' expect the ability to pause & rewind stuff from the moment they've tuned in the channel - hence relying on the local memory , if present.

IMHO that would be a great 'minimum' for PVR/DVRs.
                    (Having said that - I completely love the vcloud feature which lessens the impact made by the lack of above-mented functionality.)

Comment

By doing it on the VBOX locally, it allows Vmedia to do this without content holders having to sign off on it I think... BUT if it's done on the server end, the content holder would have to OK the practice... am I reading that correct Jose?
                      Last edited by koreybray; 06-14-2017, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by koreybray View Post
                        By doing it on the VBOX locally, it allows Vmedia to do this without content holders having to sign off on it I think... BUT if it's done on the server end, the content holder would have to OK the practice... am I reading that correct Jose?
                        That is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by djbono View Post
                          wait...
                          "...would require us to record all live shows at all times so that when someone wants to access a live program at any given point, it can be restarted from the beginning "

I don't think that's what most people are expecting -
                          I think most people, when they think 'DVR' expect the ability to pause & rewind stuff from the moment they've tuned in the channel - hence relying on the local memory , if present.

IMHO that would be a great 'minimum' for PVR/DVRs.
                          (Having said that - I completely love the vcloud feature which lessens the impact made by the lack of above-mented functionality.)
                          Pausing of live TV is something that we can possibly enable in the short term. Rewinding feature will be incomplete without proper setup - which will require some permissions from content holders as explained above.
                          We definitely have plans to implement these feature in future. I cannot provide any ETA at this time. We are working towards it though.

Comment

Jose,

I think enabling the pausing of LIVE TV would be a great start if it's something that can be done easy. It would be a start to something better vs nothing at all.

Comment

I concur.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X