What are steps to transfer Rogers Bundle to Vmedia bundle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are steps to transfer Rogers Bundle to Vmedia bundle

My parents are currently on Rogers bundle of internet, phone and TV. I understand that in order to switch internet to Vmedia we need a cancellation order# for internet.

Do you also need to cancel phone service with Rogers or do you keep it and then transfer only after internet is working?
    I don't want to run the risk of canceling phone and then not being able to use the same phone number

Originally posted by drizzt View Post
    My parents are currently on Rogers bundle of internet, phone and TV. I understand that in order to switch internet to Vmedia we need a cancellation order# for internet.
    You don't HAVE to get a Cancellation Confirmation Reference Number but it saves vmedia some money and it makes sure your internet isn't down for more than 24 hours during the switch over.

Do you also need to cancel phone service with Rogers
    ABSOLUTELY DO NOT CANCEL YOUR PHONE SERVICE WITH ROGERS (unless you want to kiss your phone number goodbye forever)! Do not even mention you are cancelling. To get your Cancellation Confirmation Reference number only cancel the internet and your TV.

or do you keep it and then transfer only after internet is working?
    They try and set up your porting date for the same date that your internet will switch. USUALLY once the number is completed porting to vmedia Rogers will automatically cancel your home phone, so no need to even call them. If you're still getting bills from rogers more than 30 days after your porting is complete feel free to call them and cancel.

The vmedia "Unlimited Canada" home phone service is quite overpriced, same with the $50 voip ATA/adapter. But if they are making you a combo deal or if you want to keep everything "under one roof" then it's still a good option.

-Jamie M.

Comment

Hi,

It's not necessary to cancel services with Rogers in order to switch to VMedia, it's only necessary to take advantage of "transfer" instead of "installation". Transfer requires you to first contact Rogers and request cancellation for a date in the future (10+ days), and on your cancellation date Rogers service will stop working and you would then connect your VMedia modem. This is an attractive option because transfer price is regularly $19.95, instead of $64.95 installation price. Choosing installation option instead allows for our service to be activated independently and no Rogers cancellation is required for this to take place.

Given you're parents are interested in porting their number as well, installation option would be best. They can have VMedia internet service installed parallel to Rogers, and then cancel Rogers once all services are active and porting is complete. We have a promotion currently where transfer or installation are free, so best to go with the latter when a number port is involved.

Comment

Working...
      X