Confused on Roku

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused on Roku

so, was told by an agent (quebec center) that i could watch my Vmedia TV via Roku app on my android device - i do not want to invest in another hardware device seeing as i already have plenty..so, was i misled? i mean i may have misunderstood but im trying to connect to my wifi (as was advised by said agent, was possible) but since the Roku version (latest version just installed) is asking for a wifi and im connected BUT can't advance any further.. the app is stuck there, is it b/c im hardwired as well? - any thoughts would be appreciated? thanks
    Last edited by katburglars; 3 weeks ago.

Roku app on android is just a remote for an actual Roku device... So to watch TV, you either get a vbox or a Roku box. You can get a Roku for 49-59$ and the only thing you might miss from a vbox is the PVR, but the vmedia vcloud covers a lot of the needs

Comment

Hi,

It's not possible to access VMedia TV via the Roku remote application on Android, but if you have a VBox, you can use our Android remote application on an Android tablet to access your TV subscription within your home network.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...edia.app&hl=en

Comment

okay , makes sense now, thanks guys - muchas gracias

Comment

Wow the Vmedia remote app works great on my Samsung tablet and on another android tv box I own. I didn't even know that streaming on android tablet was an option, I thought that was a simple remote app! Thanks Matt!

Comment

Enjoy!

Comment

I wanted to install the app on my android device (Nexus 5x), but the Google Play Store says, "Your device isn't compatible with this version."

Comment

Hi,

It's designed for and compatible with tablets. You'll need to have a tablet size device in order for it show as available on Google Play.

Comment

Originally posted by MattVMedia View Post
                  Hi,

It's designed for and compatible with tablets. You'll need to have a tablet size device in order for it show as available on Google Play.
                  If I do get an Android tablet what are the requirements it should have to ensure it works with the VMedia app?

Comment

Hi,

For playback, requirement is Quad/Quad+ VBox with Android tablet (min 7") running minimum Android version of 5.1.1. Under 5.1.1 will allow control of VBox, but not invoke playback option on tablet for content.

Comment

Originally posted by MattVMedia View Post
                      Hi,

For playback, requirement is Quad/Quad+ VBox with Android tablet (min 7") running minimum Android version of 5.1.1. Under 5.1.1 will allow control of VBox, but not invoke playback option on tablet for content.
                      Thanks fro the quick response.

Comment

Working...
                      X