Rogers Skinny Package details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogers Skinny Package details

So the details of Rogers Skinny offering finally dropped today. Not surprised they didn't come in cheaper than $25. The $18 Sportsnet package kinda sucks. Was hoping that might come in a little cheaper.

too expensive. if you add the just Sportsnet & TSN packs it goes up to $61... too much. I'm happy with Vmedia pricing of their Premium Basic @ $45

Comment

yeah, this is nuts - $36 just to add both Sportsnet and TSN. And then the kids channels - not many options to choose from. Either $5 for some, $10 for some others, or $15 for all. If you are like my family and are looking for the main channels, plus TSN and the Disney Channel and Disney Jr - with Rogers you are going to have to pay $58! With Vmedia only $37. Great work Vmedia!

Comment

Originally posted by sherridan2001 View Post
        yeah, this is nuts - $36 just to add both Sportsnet and TSN. And then the kids channels - not many options to choose from. Either $5 for some, $10 for some others, or $15 for all. If you are like my family and are looking for the main channels, plus TSN and the Disney Channel and Disney Jr - with Rogers you are going to have to pay $58! With Vmedia only $37. Great work Vmedia!
        It really isn't shocking when reading what Bell is doing. They're actively discouraging their reps from promoting the package and have made so much of the channel pricing to be poison pills for consumers. Basically they're trying to stick it to the CRTC for making them have to do it. I honestly hope the CRTC smacks them upside the head and adds more regulation on pricing of channels. I just hope that it doesn't mean that the wholesale prices that VMedia is going to be charging have to go up because Rogers and Bell are mad at the CRTC.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank
          Zaz*en has quite an interesting option. They're offering their Skinny Basic IPTV over-the-top. Any Internet provider within their service area will do. $19.95 / month also not bad and only $9.95 / month for the first year. Special introductory offer. Even includes US channels. Yet, you can't apparently add anything to it without taking their full price Internet+TV offer. Can't quite imagine that being CRTC-compliant.
          Actually with Za*een you have to use their STB in order to use the service, which you get for free for a year only. STB locks your service to the IP address your using, It appears that you can use any internet provider within their service area.

Comment

Not totally true..

STB requires you to use their internet.

For their app you can only get the Skinny basic package with no add ons to use without their internet service or STB.

Comment

I haven't read anywhere, nor is it implied that their Internet service is required for Za*een's Skinny Basic. The only requirement is that you're in their service area. The STB just locks your IP address.
              Last edited by giggabotch; 03-01-2016, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Bell is offering the entry level channels for $25 and AMC for $7.. a total of $32 for what we need. VMedia is still requiring the purchase of the premium basic at $45 to get AMC.. $13 more expensive. Not necessarely going to switch to Bell cause I hate them, but definitely going elsewhere if VMedia does not catch up and fix the AMC issue.

Comment

Originally posted by printertrouble View Post
                  Bell is offering the entry level channels for $25 and AMC for $7.. a total of $32 for what we need. VMedia is still requiring the purchase of the premium basic at $45 to get AMC.. $13 more expensive. Not necessarely going to switch to Bell cause I hate them, but definitely going elsewhere if VMedia does not catch up and fix the AMC issue.
                  VMedia hasn't even announced the prices yet. Apparently they've had trouble getting final prices for channels. It was mentioned in another thread.

Comment

Have to agree, sh*w seems to have done this right. I trust Vmedia will do better though!

Comment

Working...
                    X