Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about current provider for new customer

Hi,

I look at the process to become a new customer and saw that we may enter the current internet provider we have. If I decide to go with Vmedia as my internet provider, is it Vmedia or me that deal with cancelling the current provider?

Thanks,

Calinourss

VMedia does not cancel your current provider, you must arrange for this yourself. If you are signing up for cable internet and your current provider is Rogers, I believe the connection fee is waived. You may want to overlap your services to ensure you're up and running with VMedia before your current service is disconnected so that you're not left with no Internet in case of a delay.

Comment

Thanks Pedro.

Comment

One more important thing, make sure you ask for the cancellation ID so you can provide this to VMedia. If you don't they cant process it as a transfer which is not only cheaper but seems to cancel the auto disconnect order that Rogers generates when you cancel their services.

Comment

Thanks Trentelshark, I had this issue last time I changed ISP. I experience a month of in and out as BELL was constantly disconnecting their equipment because one department received order to disconnect me and another department having order to connect me. I called my new provider many times this month.

Comment

Originally posted by calinourss View Post
            Thanks Trentelshark, I had this issue last time I changed ISP. I experience a month of in and out as BELL was constantly disconnecting their equipment because one department received order to disconnect me and another department having order to connect me. I called my new provider many times this month.
            Who's your current provider?

deltatux

Comment

Note: if you talk to the sales support online chat, they can answer all of your questions a lot faster than the folks here in the forums can

Comment

Originally posted by wearysky View Post
                Note: if you talk to the sales support online chat, they can answer all of your questions a lot faster than the folks here in the forums can
                That depends if they're busy or not...

deltatux

Comment

Originally posted by deltatux View Post

That depends if they're busy or not...
                  With the sales folks, I've never had an issue with response time on the online chat. It's slow, for an online chat - responses can take up to 5 minutes at times, but it's still faster than the forums

Comment

also...ive mentioned this issue with Vmedia - was told ..IN Future...they WILL do the contacting for a switching of Internet to them (at least for cable)...after all 69.00 bucks for the install , they should, imho

only took the tech all but 5 minutes To come in and leave the building to do the cable swItching...a 5 yr old can do it
                    Last edited by katburglars; 03-08-2014, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X