Canada Computers and VMedia Kiosks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada Computers and VMedia Kiosks.

Any ETA or updates on when the VMedia Kiosks will start showing up in Canada Computers store in Ontario?

Hi really glad you asked. I am hitting the road in about an hour on my way to five Canada Computer stores, Mississauga, Burlington, Hamilton, Waterloo and London to set up the kiosks, others are doing the remaining 11, though Barrie, Kingston and Ottawa may come on stream a couple of days later.So 13 stores will have our kiosks up and running by tomorrow! We are very excited, we are already featured on Canada Computers' instore flyers, so this thing is ready to go!

Comment

So what kind of experience can I expect when I go to VMedia Kiosk at Canada Computers?
      Will I be able to sign up for VMedia internet DSL or Cable?
      Will I be able to leave with a Modem and a setup date?
      Will I be able to come back at a later date after my internet is setup and sign up for TV and leave with a VBox?
      Will I be able to pick up more VBoxes at a later date?

Comment

Hi glad you asked.

Yes.
        Yes.
        Yes.
        Yes.
        Where is the store nearest to you?

Comment

• Nicko953
          Nicko953 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just FYI - I bought a VBox in the Barrie Store this weekend. The sales guys there told me that I didn't have to have VMedia internet service and that I could just use my existing Rogers Cable internet service to try the IP TV out with a VMedia IPTV ONLY subscription.

Now I come to find out this isn't the case after dropping $70 plus tax on the Vbox....You guys should send CanadaComputers a memo clarifying this for them....

I am hesitant to go through all the trouble of cancelling my account with Rogers, then transferring internet over to VMedia - just in case I don't like it. I don't get why there isn't a way to try the VMedia IPTV out for a few months using an existing broadband ISP.

Thats Great! This information Should be on the www canadacomputers/vmedia/ page, at the bottom of the page in the "Come and See" section you only talk being able to buy vBox. This information should be somewhere on that page or if not in the coming soon FAQs.

My nearest Canada Computers is Whiby. I have yet to get out there do to the long weekend.

My father is retired and he has Rogers Internet and TV. He hate Rogers every time they up the price of internet or TV I point him to third party internet providers but I can never get him to switch. I am hope that get him in to Canada Computers will help him make the switch from Rogers Internet to vMedia and at a later date to get him away from Rogers TV and on to vMedia TV.

Thank you George for answering my questions and for your time.

Comment

Hmmm...pretty interesting way to hijack a thread...not sure we share the same demo though.

Comment

For what it is worth Kingston and Ottawa Merivale are both very online.

Comment

For what it's worth, I've yet to see a working VMedia kiosk in the Kennedy store. My friend had went the day before, only to find it wasn't working. He got one of the employees to troubleshoot and after a while finally got it up and running. I went the next day, only to find it wasn't working though I didn't have time to wait around though for somebody to fix it. It was just a black screen, none of the remote buttons seemed to do anything. I was able to turn it off and back on, only to see the VMedia logo for a couple seconds, and then back to a black screen.

I think it might be advisable to make sure Canada Computers properly maintains these kiosks so that the demo is always there and running. As a potential buyer, it makes me question how reliable the vBox or service is if it cannot run reliably in a store.

Comment

• GeorgeBurger
                GeorgeBurger commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for that heads up jdrom, we didn't know, we will be on top of it tomorrow.

The kiosk at Canada Computers in London is up and running. The sales associate there was well informed and answered all my questions correctly. I've been signed up for a week now, and all is great! Way to go Canada Computers London! I am trying to get my parents to sign up too, but they are in the habit of overpaying Bell and Rogers, like SumGuyV5....

Comment

Originally posted by BadDogTItan View Post
                The kiosk at Canada Computers in London is up and running. The sales associate there was well informed and answered all my questions correctly. I've been signed up for a week now, and all is great! Way to go Canada Computers London! I am trying to get my parents to sign up too, but they are in the habit of overpaying Bell and Rogers, like SumGuyV5....
                I second this for the London store. When I went in to check it out prior to ordering they were there to answer questions immediately and were very helpful.

Comment

i havent seen a vmedia kiosk at kingston canada computes yet but the last time i was there was a month ago tho

Comment

Is there a kiosk in the GTA? I live in Richmond Hill and would love to see the kiosk at their Richmond Hill location if you guys set one up there as well....

Cheers,
                    deltatux

Comment

Map at the bottom showing locations of demos:

Comment

Originally posted by Trentelshark View Post
                        Map at the bottom showing locations of demos:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/vmedia/
                        Thanks, unfortunately it doesn't seem like there's a VMedia booth in Richmond Hill (sadly), I guess I'll check out the one in the North York location.

Thanks,
                        deltatux

Comment

So yesterday I went to Canada Computers to check out VMedia in person, unfortunately, I was rather disappointed in the quality, I was wondering if everyone have rather fuzzy images from the service or is that the issue with the TV or the Internet line they're using? They seem a lot worse quality than even YouTube video quality...

Please do excuse the motion blur as my Nexus 4 camera can't keep up with the music video playing. However, even the stills seem low quality, if it's even regular SD, it shouldn't be fuzzy and colours look blocky.

Cheers,
                          deltatux
                          Last edited by deltatux; 02-09-2014, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X