Internet Plan, price changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Plan, price changes

Hi I live in Oakville, and when I put in my postal code on your site, it's indicating that the regular cost of the plan is 64.95 (although there's a current promo for 49.95). I'm currently paying 74.95 a month for the same plan... is there a point at which the 64.95 a month pricing will be rolled out to existing customers?

Hi,

Great question! We're evaluating our pricing currently after a recent CRTC decision to lower TPIA access rates, as well as a formal appeal of this launched by some of the incumbents. As a result, there is uncertainly currently with regard to what sustainable long term pricing will be, and we haven't made any proactive adjustments for our current customer base due to this. We're watching this very closely.

We consider the pricing on our website to be promotional in nature and targeted to new customers, including both the regular price and 3 month initial discount. However, we're very happy to offer an adjustment to our posted regular price to any to any existing customers upon request, should there be any difference to what you are currently paying. Our Customer Care Team can apply this by phone, chat, or email, or feel free to send me a PM with your customer ID and I'll take a look.

Comment

With the new lower internet prices I'd like to upgrade my speed, even though I'd have to buy a new cable modem. The problem is the list of modems supported by VMedia only includes ONE modem that doesn't use the flawed Puma chip set, and that modem (TP-Link TC7650) is completely unavailable. This leaves me trying to decide whether to keep my existing speed and call to have the price lowered to the new price, or perhaps wait for a little while if there's any chance VMedia is going to start supporting cable modems that don't use Puma?

Comment

Hi,

Unfortunately the bulk of TPIA approved modems at the moment utilize the Puma 6 chipset. The exceptions being the TP-Link TC7650 and SmartRG SR808ac, which are Broadcom based.

Comment

Hi Matt, the SmartRG SR808ac isn't in the list of compatible modems on the VMedia web site. Is it approved for use with VMedia internet?

Comment

Working...
          X