Subscribing to Sportsnet 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscribing to Sportsnet 360

I recently got vMedia up and working and was rather dismayed to find that Sportsnet 360 wasn't part of the Premium Basic bundle. I signed up and looked at all the Sportsnet channels in the list and kinda assumed that 360 was in that bunch. I haven't had cable in about 5+ years, so I kinda took it for granted that it would be lumped into the premium basic since The Score/360 were always lumped into the old Rogers below 70 channel list.

Why I'm grumpy about this is even though it's not in the main premium basic bundle, I'd gladly pay $2.25 to add it on its own. The problem is I can't add it on its own. I've got to add it as part of a bundle of which either I already have the other Sportsnet channels in premium basic. I'm not a Leaf fan, so LeafsTV is useless to me. I'm not a basketball fan, so CBS and NBA TV have no appeal to me, nor does French TSN. NHL Network is of borderline interest. The other bundle is just as bad, with pretty much GolTV the only other channel of interest.

The question I'm wondering is why the sports channels are excluded from U-Choose? All the channels that make up the kids, entertainment, lifestyle etc are available in U-Choose, yet I have to buy a whole bunch of extra garbage to get a single sports channel.

Hi modsuperstar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately not all channels can be made available for standalone purchase. From our side, we would welcome the opportunity to further increase choice and flexibility for our customers and offer all channels with this option, however, the choice is not ours exclusively. Many channels come with penetration requirements, or contractual stipulations that prevent a specific channel from being offered in this way.

Comment

I also some weeks ago asked Vmedia sales if SN360 could be bundled with the Sportsman bundle.
      to date i don't think i have had a response.. So i am asking again Vmedia could you bundle SN360
      with the Sportsman Package.

Comment

Hi Terryl,

It's something we may be able to do in the future. As CBS Sports is not offered anymore and will be removed from the Sportsfan theme pack, and Speed will also no longer be available from April 1st and will also need to be removed from the Sportsman theme pack, we are looking at ways to reorganize the Sports theme packs to offer as much choice and flexibility as possible. Having said that, we have contractual obligations to fulfill in order to carry these channels, so we will have to review which changes make sense in order to meet our requirements.

Comment

If you decide to include SN360 in the Sportsman pack, you will keep it in the Sportsfan pack I hope. I have no interest in the Sportsman channels.

Comment

Working...
          X