Any reason why....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any reason why....

Vmedia charges 65 for cable install fee , yet ******** charges 65 ( minus 20 discount ) making it 45, start charges 50, electronic box charges 50, ****** 50 as well.

i'll tell you right now, it's a sticking point for me ( based on principle, not price )

i'm already fighting my inner voice saying to stay away until the CIK tel, rogers change over takes place, along with the recent price increase on both the cable plans and iptv, but to charge the highest install fee out of all of the tpia s is not sitting well with me.

I called up to sign up today. They wouldn`t budge, so i didn`t sign up. Good thing i didn`t go out and buy the vbox yesterday from CC. Yes, all of this for only a 20 dollar difference in install fees ( compared to where i`d be coming from ( ******** ). like i said. principle.

ah well.

im not sure, but from business i know if you have several businesses the same field sometimes things are cut from one place and added to another, in the end the business makes the same, but to the customers they get better deals one way and not the other..
    like if they charge $15 more on instal, you save it over 3 months another way, like programming or internet fees.. and for some it works out better cause after 3 months im paying less than other places, but for others they want the savings first..
    not sure of the numbers.. its just an example..
    and i dont really know, but thats how i look at things personally.. i look for the -down the road- deal, not the today deal

Comment

Originally posted by Sarum View Post
      im not sure, but from business i know if you have several businesses the same field sometimes things are cut from one place and added to another, in the end the business makes the same, but to the customers they get better deals one way and not the other..
      like if they charge $15 more on instal, you save it over 3 months another way, like programming or internet fees.. and for some it works out better cause after 3 months im paying less than other places, but for others they want the savings first..
      not sure of the numbers.. its just an example..
      and i dont really know, but thats how i look at things personally.. i look for the -down the road- deal, not the today deal

yeah who knows

i`ll keep my options open for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by good1es View Post
        Vmedia charges 65 for cable install fee , yet ******** charges 65 ( minus 20 discount ) making it 45, start charges 50, electronic box charges 50, ****** 50 as well.

i'll tell you right now, it's a sticking point for me ( based on principle, not price )

i'm already fighting my inner voice saying to stay away until the CIK tel, rogers change over takes place, along with the recent price increase on both the cable plans and iptv, but to charge the highest install fee out of all of the tpia s is not sitting well with me.

I called up to sign up today. They wouldn`t budge, so i didn`t sign up. Good thing i didn`t go out and buy the vbox yesterday from CC. Yes, all of this for only a 20 dollar difference in install fees ( compared to where i`d be coming from ( ******** ). like i said. principle.

ah well.
        when you did your math, did you subtract the two months you get free when you sign up at CC portal?

Comment

Originally posted by sradonic View Post

when you did your math, did you subtract the two months you get free when you sign up at CC portal?
          I'm keeping the IPTV out of the equation, as installation charge is only on the cable internet connection regardless of company.

Comment

Ask any sales person, and they'll tell you that if a customer wants to deal apples for apples, then add some oranges into the equation to add confusion.

Comment

I'm keeping the IPTV out of the equation, as installation charge is only on the cable internet connection regardless of company.
              when i joined i did the self install, is that an option for you?

Comment

... Rogers let you fiddle around in their equipment and hook yourself up?

Comment

if it was up to me, i wouldn't let rogers onto my street nevermind my property.

i can do everything myself, too bad the install fee wouldn't be waved. call it for what it is.... a scam ( on the rogers end ).

Comment

******** charges $75/month for unlimited 30/5 cable in Rogers area right now. VMedia charges $60/month. And if you get TV, you can get internet for another $5/month cheaper (in Rogers coverage areas only). Yeah, you're paying an extra $20 up front, but you recoup that cost in less than 2 months (exactly 1 month if you're bundling with TV). You want to know why VMedia doesn't offer discounts on the install fees/moving fees/change fees that Rogers charges? That's why.

Comment

Originally posted by wearysky View Post

******** charges $75/month for unlimited 30/5 cable in Rogers area right now. VMedia charges $60/month. And if you get TV, you can get internet for another $5/month cheaper (in Rogers coverage areas only). Yeah, you're paying an extra $20 up front, but you recoup that cost in less than 2 months (exactly 1 month if you're bundling with TV). You want to know why VMedia doesn't offer discounts on the install fees/moving fees/change fees that Rogers charges? That's why.
                      you're right, assuming i was to go unlimited ( vmedia doesn't offer another tier ). but i'm contemplating OTA instead of iptv now ( as long as i can get the rest of the household to approve, but it's looking that way ). I wouldn't need unlimited anymore, but the 30/5 plan for 45 dollars only offers 150 gb, but for 55 you can up it to 400. On the other hand, Start offers 30/5 for 45 but with 200gb or 60 dollars for unlimited gb.

Comment

Working...
                      X