Voip and Canada Computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voip and Canada Computers

After looking at my Vonage bill, I decided I needed to check out vMedia Voip. I called the toll number to find out what the scoop was. First off...no bundle pricing. I don't really know why a customer wouldn't get added value for adding a service, but hey...who am I to judge. But this where things went wrong for me. The rep tells me that I do get a month free of phone service. I said "that's better than nothing. I will go down to Canada Computers and pick up a Grandstream box and call back." The rep says I cant do that. I asked why not. He says that their (Canada Computers) products may not be registered on vmedia network (and therefore may not work). I was confused because I believe that Canada Computers believes that they have a marketing partnership with vMedia. In fact, they were shocked when I repeated what the rep had said. OK..on with the story. OK, I cant buy from Canada Computers, so I ask the rep how much the box costs through vMedia directly. I was quoted $69. This seemed odd since the same unit was being sold for $20 less at Canada computers.
    So here are my options...1. Call BS on vMedia and stay with a company who does not have to lie or gouge to get my business. 2. Pay $20 extra to vMedia for my device and save $15 on my first month phone service. 3. Buy from Canada Computers and have possible issues with the next vMedia rep.
    I must say that I do love my vMedia internet service. The TV service is touch & go and the issues with the vBox box are pretty bad (on a good day). Is it worth adding a new vMedia service (with no added bundle value) and risk losing money / time / happiness?

You could use an Ooma and pay 4$/mth or get an VOIP box and use voip.ms service.

Comment

Hi Retroflash,

Thank you for posting this, I can clear some of the misinformation up for you. If possible, can you please PM me your customer ID number so we can look into the interaction you had with one our reps?

You can absolutely purchase an adapter from Canada Computers for our VoIP service. You just need to make sure it is a VMedia adapter. I think the disconnect came because Canada Computers sells a similar adapter (slightly different model) which is not compatible with our service. The Canada Computers sales reps will be able to assist you and point you to the correct adapter to use with our service. After you purchase the adapter, all you need to do is give us a call and touch base with our Customer Care Team, they will take the MAC address and add a VoIP subscription to your account with one month of free service. The process is generally very smooth and you can be up and running quickly.

Comment

I have the net talk duo voip and I use it with my vmedia it costs 69.99 and when u buy it u get a free year of service and after that year it costs 39.99 a year never had any problems and its cheap check it out

Comment

I was with CIKtel for years! They stopped giving me the pay up front price. Don't laugh! I'm now using Magic Jack and it is solid! It's been 6 months!

Comment

Working...
          X