Do not try to relocate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not try to relocate

Hi, this is for Vmedia representatives and anyone really who is thinking of relocating. I called Vmedia in regards to changing my services to my new condo and was told that my internet plan was no longer available but for about a dollar more, I can get about half the speed of my current plan.

I have been with VMedia for a long time now, gave the little guys a chance even though the service has been less then par on many different occasions. I took 3 weeks and 4 visits from the "rogers techs" to actually get the internet working properly when I signed up, have had many cable outages, most of which are between 1 week and 2 weeks, and still somehow am with them. Instead of valuing my loyalty and rewarding me for it, I get shafted because I am relocating and Vmedia sees an opportunity to make more money off me.

I'm not asking for a deal, discount of whatever, I'm simply asking to continue my service which I signed up for. Can someone from Vmedia contact me and at least attempt to make this right

This actually has nothing to do with VMedia, If Rogers no longer offers the plan you are on you are forced to get one of the current plans when you move your service.

Comment

I've actually relocated with both Rogers and Bell and both times they have honored my plan.

Comment

Hi Stevepl458,

If you are moving, or relocating, we must place a new order with the underlying provider to have your service installed and activated. From the underlying providers side, they essentially consider this a brand new activation. Any new activation must be done with a current, in-market plan only. The plan you are currently on is grandfathered and we are not able to provision a new account with a plan that has been grandfathered.

If we were able to transfer your current plan to a new address, we would be happy to do this, but unfortunately this option does not exist presently with the upstream providers. If this changes in the future and we are allowed to offer this (we're hopeful), it is something we absolutely will.

Originally posted by Stevepl458 View Post
        I've actually relocated with both Rogers and Bell and both times they have honored my plan.
        Maybe at that time, the plan that you had was still in-market, so this was possible? From our side, we must select an accompanying in market plan when we submit an activation request. Grandfathered plans are not in the list of available plans and there is no way around this, we either select an in market plan or the order will not be processed by the underlying provider.

Comment

Rogers has the CRTC's approval to refuse to move grandfathered accounts, Vmedia has no choice but to accept the terms dictated by the CRTC/last mile provider.

Comment

Why do people post without doing a bit of research first? All that could have been answered with an email to support.........

Comment

thats what this site is for asking questions and getting answers

no matter how dumb others may thing the question is..
              there are no dumb questions..

personally i think this was a good question, it may have been asked before but its sometimes hard to search and find it

Comment

In his situation I would have been pretty upset as well

Comment

Unfortunately rogers is in control. When I used to be them, they can cancelled my account instead of moving it. I believe they did that so they don't grand father my account not to mention charged me $1000 for their error. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Stevepl458 View Post

Yup, but they don't have to. And they have ZERO incentive to allow third party resellers to honour it (because it results in situations like this, where people get angry at the third party instead of getting angry at Rogers or Bell). See also: forced installation charges, and techs that just don't show up for installation appointments.

Comment

Working...
                    X