Internet Price Increase and IPTV B.S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Price Increase and IPTV B.S

Wow my internet bill going up 10 and IPTV going up 5, so I'm being hit with a 15 dollar increase, then when I cancel my IPTV I will loose another 5 dollar discount and Didn't even get a weeks notice of the increase, Hope your happy I'm going to cancel the IPTV because of this increase...so If any1 wants a good deal on a vbox in the lambton county area shoot me a pm thanks.. oh yeah along with 5 dollar discount for the bundle service I forgot I will be losing another 5.99 for 6 months I opted for the pvr fiasco....not cool Vmedia
    Last edited by Skyhigh; 02-24-2015, 01:31 PM.

Yup, my internet service cost just went up by 25% !!!

Not overly impressed...

Comment

well I called in to cancel IPTV March 1 2015, and the csr was so rude, telling me it only went up 5 dollars, and that I had a credit for a few more months of the pvr fiasco and she says did you think about that 2, well yes I did !!!! hope you took into consideration of the backlash your gonna feel because of this.....

Comment

Hahah i think i talked to the same csr, gave me the whole "uhhhh you're cancelling cause it went up 5 dollars?" Quality people they hire here.

Comment

Hi Skyhigh, first of all I apologize if you were treated rudely that is never acceptable and certainly not in these circumstances. I would be very grateful if you told me who you dealt with so I can look into this. More importantly, I also hope it was clarified that you might have been one of the TV and internet customers who were not advised of the discount in the internet increase, so your total should be no more than $5 for TV and $5 for internet(not counting theme packs you may have). Please respond either here or by PM if you don't mind, and again very sorry for the poor communication.

Comment

my plan was granfathered, the 55mb plan but it still went up, same with the iptv, I stood by this company when I was getting crappy primetime slowdowns with cogeco not to mention the whole pvr issue, and then we get treated like this, I could see new sign ups paying more but to raise the price as much as you did with not even a weeks notice is shamefull to your loyal customers who didnt jump ship at the time when the service was sub par for a very long time

Comment

I wish I was treated rudely. I can't even get a call back. I've been waiting since 10:30AM. 6.5HOURS! REALLY?

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhigh View Post
                my plan was granfathered, the 55mb plan but it still went up, same with the iptv, I stood by this company when I was getting crappy primetime slowdowns with cogeco not to mention the whole pvr issue, and then we get treated like this, I could see new sign ups paying more but to raise the price as much as you did with not even a weeks notice is shamefull to your loyal customers who didnt jump ship at the time when the service was sub par for a very long time
                I too was under the impression my plan was grandfathered. With the Cogeco slowdowns I was already beginning to feel like I was paying too much, and now they have audacity to raise the price.
                I can't see myself staying with this company for much longer at this rate.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeBurger View Post
                  Hi Skyhigh, first of all I apologize if you were treated rudely that is never acceptable and certainly not in these circumstances. I would be very grateful if you told me who you dealt with so I can look into this. More importantly, I also hope it was clarified that you might have been one of the TV and internet customers who were not advised of the discount in the internet increase, so your total should be no more than $5 for TV and $5 for internet(not counting theme packs you may have). Please respond either here or by PM if you don't mind, and again very sorry for the poor communication.
                  George this goes back all the way to the begining for me, see this post

forum.vmedia.ca/forum/internet-dsl-cable-tech-support/internet-tech-support-other/5267-new-and-frustrated

then having weeks and weeks on end with prime time slow downs with internet, to all the cogeco outages you have had in the past couple months to the pvr FW issues and all the out of sync audio on channels to the wife and kids telling me interenet dosent work, tv not working, and then you go ahead and raise prices to customers who have stuck with you through your bad times was the last straw, I had enough of this, I'm gonna stick with the internet for now so I hope theres not many more problems there..

Comment

Originally posted by Frank
                    My upcoming March statement definitely still showing the old prices. $39.95 for Premium Basic. VMedia would be smart to keep it at that as I'll be suckered into keeping Premium as long as it does. Once they hike that price for me, I'll be downgrading to Basic.

dude your price is going up march first, just hasnt been reflected on your acct page yet, just like me and every1 else here

Comment

For me it's not the amount they raised the services for. It's the fact that the television service is pretty flimsy at best. Loud screaming/squelching, micro freezes, audio sync issues. If these issues that I've been complaining about since June when I became a VMEDIA customer I wouldn't have a problem with the rate hike. To charge me more for a service in which you are ignoring my concerns is unforgivable though. I am happy with the internet service though. My only complaint is with the television service. The fact that I can't even cancel my TV service because they won't call me back is leading me to think this company should be abandoned all together and go find another provider for internet as well.

Comment

Called earlier and canceled everything in 10 minutes, don't see your problem at all

Comment

Strange... earlier today when I checked my online statement the March 1st statement had a rate increase in it. Now the March 1st statement is gone altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by dan mackay View Post
                            Called earlier and canceled everything in 10 minutes, don't see your problem at all

My problem is they promised me a call back at 10:30AM and I still haven't gotten that call back.

Comment

This stuff is why I left Rogers for TV their prices just keep changing?? There is basically no difference between VMedia and Rogers or Bell. ******** was great for internet and their price is sticking @ $ 44.95 for Cable 30 while vMedia is jumping up $5. I am weighing cancelling the service now as I only use it for Sports. Then I will go back to ********, better customer service and 1 price, they actually try to lower the market prices while people like George Burger and vMedia enter shady deals with Rogers and Bell to help raise prices across the board.

Comment

Working...
                              X