Android TV Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android TV Support

Any work happening on Android TV support? Nice to see that Roku was added at some point but considering the VBox is running on Android you would think an Android app would be lower hanging fruit. I guess the big issue is that VBox is still Android 4.4? Who will be first to release an Android TV app that is compatible with Google Home first... will it be Bell, Rogers, or VMedia?

I would like to know this as well.

Comment

Bumpity bump bump - would like to know as well

Comment

We're working on it

Can't provide and ETA but we're well into the development phase.

Comment

I hope it comes before the end of the year. *Looks at his Nvidia shield* which is unable to take advantage of Vmedia.

Comment

Shield, Shield! Shield! 😁

Comment

I have NVidia Shield as well. I keep checking back here hoping that one day VMedia will let me use it for TV service. Bell now has an Android app that works for NVidia Shield beating NVidia to the punch even though NVidia started on Android. I don't get it. I'm definitely not going to put two smart TV boxes on the same TV. Please fix!

Comment

Add me to the NVidia Shield group also looking forward to the day VMedia becomes available on android. I am running two android boxes (VBox and Shield) on our main TV, but run them through my stereo receiver which makes it easier for switching between units. When it comes to android apps, the Shield is far more reliable than the VBox.

Comment

I'm just as curious as well. I've been putting off getting the Shield until I hear VMedia is available for it.
                  Although I have heard that Nvidia has stopped making the Shield. Maybe the Formuler devices will be a good alternative.

Comment

Working...
                  X