X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EnviroTO
    started a topic Android TV Support

Android TV Support

Any work happening on Android TV support? Nice to see that Roku was added at some point but considering the VBox is running on Android you would think an Android app would be lower hanging fruit. I guess the big issue is that VBox is still Android 4.4? Who will be first to release an Android TV app that is compatible with Google Home first... will it be Bell, Rogers, or VMedia?

• EnviroTO
    replied
    Thanks Matt. The vCloud started working after a while. I haven't had luck getting the Vmedia app to accept storage on NVidia Shield. I can access the storage on Shield and can convert it to permanent storage and back to removable, but can't get the app to accept it.

Leave a comment:

• MattVMedia
    replied
    Hi,

USB file system should be either FAT32 or exFAT. Best to do a full format via PC before trying to enable storage device in the VMedia TV application.

Regarding VCloud, these recordings are stored server side and all that should be required on your end is to enable your desired channels for recording via the settings section in our application. Once channels are enabled here, recordings will be made available for applicable content from the time they are enabled. Content which aired prior to enabling channels will not be available. A smalll blue dot will appear on the top right corner of previously aired programming in your TV Guide should it be available via VCloud.

Leave a comment:

• EnviroTO
    replied
    I'm wanting to be able to record and use vCloud on the NVidia Shield. Are there any specific specs that the USB storage needs to meet in order to be supported? When I point the Vmedia app at my storage the app closes, and when I restart the app it closes right after the title screen. I need to eject the drive for the app to open successfully again. I'm guessing that there is some incompatibility but it didn't give any error message for me to go on.

Has anybody had success with USB storage in the Vmedia app for Android TV such as NVidia Shield? Any other way to get Recordings to work using the main storage? Is vCloud not working because of storage being available for recordings or does it not work for NVidia Shield?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide,
    John

Leave a comment:

• Gil_VMediaSupport
    replied
    Originally posted by SirN8 View Post
    Guide Data Missing
    as you can see guide data is missing. Also can't select channels with missing data
    Thanks for sending this, SirN8

Leave a comment:

• SirN8
    replied
    Guide Data Missing
    as you can see guide data is missing. Also can't select channels with missing data

Leave a comment:

• SirN8
    replied
    in an effort to help i'll share a photo when i have a minute

Leave a comment:

• Gil_VMediaSupport
    replied
    Using a third party android TV OS 9 android box from MEcool (KM9 pro). its google certified. Its also happens on my Nexus player. I've clear cache/data on both and seems to fix this issue temporary for a day or so.
    Thanks for the info. I'll coordinate with our development team to have this checked.

Leave a comment:

• SirN8
    replied
    Using a third party android TV OS 9 android box from MEcool (KM9 pro). its google certified. Its also happens on my Nexus player. I've clear cache/data on both and seems to fix this issue temporary for a day or so.

Leave a comment:

• Gil_VMediaSupport
    replied
    Anybody else having guide issue. channel data seems to bounce around for example incorrect info or no info at all on certain channels, also when watching a channel and hitting the back button to go back to the guide i almost always have to hit back again to get the guide to its proper time slot.

and as of now i can't seem to remove a favourite channel that i am no longer subscribe too. example comedy was on free preview and i set it to favourite but now i can't remove it.
    Hi SirN8, so sorry for the trouble. just want to know are you using Vbox Max or the AndroidTV box?

Leave a comment:

• SirN8
    replied
    Anybody else having guide issue. channel data seems to bounce around for example incorrect info or no info at all on certain channels, also when watching a channel and hitting the back button to go back to the guide i almost always have to hit back again to get the guide to its proper time slot.

and as of now i can't seem to remove a favourite channel that i am no longer subscribe too. example comedy was on free preview and i set it to favourite but now i can't remove it.
    Last edited by SirN8; 2 weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• Gil_VMediaSupport
    replied
    Originally posted by wbennett68 View Post

Thanks Gil!
    My pleasure

Leave a comment:

• wbennett68
    replied
    Originally posted by Gil_VMediaSupport View Post

Great! About your other question, what you can do is while youre watching a show, press the down navigation key twice and you’ll see the guide carousel, which will show you the channels and the current shows playing on each channel.
    Thanks Gil!

Leave a comment:

• Gil_VMediaSupport
    replied
    Originally posted by wbennett68 View Post

Hi Gil. Got it sorted out, I just needed to update the Vmedia App to the latest version.

I do have another question, how to I go straight to the guide while watching a program? Is there a shortcut button?
    Great! About your other question, what you can do is while youre watching a show, press the down navigation key twice and you’ll see the guide carousel, which will show you the channels and the current shows playing on each channel.

Leave a comment:

• wbennett68
    replied
    Originally posted by Gil_VMediaSupport View Post

wbennett68 Hi, so sorry for the inconvenience. Just wondering if you formatted the drive to the correct format which is FAT32? If you did, try clearing the cache and data by going to settings > apps > clear cache, clearing data.
    Hi Gil. Got it sorted out, I just needed to update the Vmedia App to the latest version.

I do have another question, how to I go straight to the guide while watching a program? Is there a shortcut button?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X