Signing up soon, have some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signing up soon, have some questions

So, after finally deciding to no longer "cut the cord", I have decided I will soon sign up for vmedia internet and tv services. I was recently told that the cable internet packages available in my area are incorrect on the vmedia website. Before knowing this, I went with start communications instead. But had I known the package I wanted was actually available, I would of went with vmedia in the first place. Is there any chance I would qualify for a transfer even tho im not directly with cogeco? Seems ridiculous if I have to pay another big fee for a technician to come back when I already have active cable internet service via start. Cogeco came to install it just a couple months ago. Also, if I have to order on the phone (due to the wrong packages showing up on the website), will I still get the 2 months free tv after buying the vbox from canada computers? And I read somewhere that a new vbox (3rd gen?) Is coming out soon. Any update on when? Should I wait or is it easy to get a replacement if I go ahead with the 2nd gen. And is the air remote sold separately here online? It doesn't seem like Canada computers has any stock
    Last edited by days101; 11-14-2014, 04:07 PM.

Pretty sure you're going to have to pay for a technician visit, if memory serves. But somebody from vMedia can confirm. You can definitely get the 2 months free if you buy your vBox from CanadaComputers and sign up over the phone. I wouldn't bother waiting for the next gen vBbox - I believe I read somewhere in these forums that maybe around Boxing Day was an estimated date... But I wouldn't hold my breath. Client side PVR was supposed to be launching Labour Day weekend.

Comment

You can switch to Rogers, and then wait a month, and switch to Vmedia. When you do, do not get a contract for Internet, and go with the lowest speed. It should save you money. It will still cost $20 for the switch over to Vmedia. Also CRTC recently ruled that you don't have to wait 30 days for the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBee007 View Post
        Also CRTC recently ruled that you don't have to wait 30 days for the switch.
        Isn't that only starting in January? I could be wrong...

Comment

Anyone know when I would cancel my current cable internet? I assume I will have to be without internet for awhile

Comment

Working...
          X