Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the 'I have a modem' option in cable service order form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the 'I have a modem' option in cable service order form?

I am trying to place an order for Cable service.
    In the order form, I can only pick "Rent option" or "Purchase option".

I already own a model (listed in the approved cable modem list) from my previous cable internet service provider.
    What happened to the "I have a model" option? I used to see it before.

That's strange. "I have my own modem (and on our list of approved modems)" comes up as an option for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Megabyte355 View Post
      Hi Megabyte355,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Are you selecting a Cable internet plan in the Quebec region? If so, the process of provisioning ones own modem on the Videotron network is unfortunately not as straight forward as it is with the incumbent providers in Ontario. In many cases it can take weeks to find out if a modem is accepted or not, and since we are not able to schedule or hold installation dates without an approved modem attached to the order, it is difficult for us to automate this process effectively without having a rough idea of when we will know if a modem is accepted or not. We are hopeful this process will change in the future, so we can provide an easy way for customers to sign up and use their own modem in Videotron territory.

If you are in Ontario and selecting a corresponding Cable internet plan, you should absolutely see an option to use your own modem. If for any reason you are not able to, please PM me your contact information and I will ensure you are contacted, at your convenience, and we will process your order manually.
      Last edited by MattVMedia; 11-20-2014, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Yeah I'm from the Quebec region.
        The modem I have is the Thompson DCM475 which is in the approved cable modem list.
        I used to use it for a Cable 30/10 service from another ISP and it worked well. It should be no problem, right?

So, I guess I'd have to call to place the order... Thanks for the detailed explanation!

Comment

Hi Megabyte355,

Right now we aren't offering the option to use your own modem in the Videotron region, because of the lengthy processing time with Videotron to determine if your modem is approved or not. This prevents us from being able to automate the signup process effectively, because we cannot take or hold installation dates without attaching an already approved modem to the initial order. We hope that this will change in the future, the process is certainly much more straightforward in other regions.

I would suggest choosing the rental option, at least initially, so that we can place your order with Videotron and obtain an installation date. After your installation is complete, we can process a modem swap to your existing modem. It will likely take weeks for this request to go through, but this should be a good solution for you in the long term. If you'd like to go this route, please PM your account number after signing up, along with your existing modem MAC & SN, and we will submit a request to Videotron once your installation is complete.

Comment

Working...
          X