Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signed up for vMedia, do I really need to wait 2 weeks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signed up for vMedia, do I really need to wait 2 weeks?

I have an active DSL connection from ******** which I am cancelling and moving over to vMedia; earliest installation date was December 5th on the order page. Is this really the earliest date available for a hardware-less activation?

I had a hardware installation, cable, and ordered one month + in advance to ensure no problems; and there were none 😃, the. Technician went the extra mile as well, it was (for whatever reason) a difficult install but he ensured everything was top notch before he left. My brother on the other hand had a disastrous experience with his install; he was without any services for more than two weeks and almost quit before he had even sampled the service. He was an existing customer one of the big three but only picked his modem up two days before his installation date. Apparently this was an issue as they did not have the code located on the bottom of the modem to properly provision it. If I was you, I would take the four weeks, pay tech savvy one more time, and ensure that there are no interruptions with your service and the install goes smoothly. That said, I am only speaking from the perspective of my brother and myself. I had a fantastic install experience my brother a nightmare one. I remember reading somewhere if you had existing service but it was an easy switch but only with new hardware. Apparently your modem with the other company must be decommissioned for at least 30 days prior to your install in order to have an easy installation

Comment

Originally posted by habsfan View Post
      Apparently your modem with the other company must be decommissioned for at least 30 days prior to your install in order to have an easy installation
      This is probably only the case with cable - I'm switching my DSL provider. With DSL, you don't register your modem with the provider so this is a non-issue.

Also, I'm on a hardware-less install - I just need to get an account activated/provisioned.

Comment

on my other account that i have i came from bell, had to wait 2 weeks or so, i went from DSL to DSL too
        i entered my new vmedia info into the modem and it worked perfectly long before install date.. and btw,, on the appointment date.. NO bell serviceman came when they were supposed to (and yes still got billed for service call)
        in my opinion, bell didnt want to miss out on their mandatory service fee, that they didnt need to do anything to get :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Sarum View Post
          i entered my new vmedia info into the modem and it worked perfectly long before install date.. and btw,, on the appointment date..
          Good to know, I received my TV credentials immediately (numeric username and password), does vMedia e-mail a separate set of PPPoE credentials as well?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by coolspot View Post
            I have an active DSL connection from ******** which I am cancelling and moving over to vMedia; earliest installation date was December 5th on the order page. Is this really the earliest date available for a hardware-less activation?

We had to issue stop sell for DSL/FTTN till Dec 4th to make sure existiing customer speeds are not affected.

Comment

Originally posted by leshka View Post

We had to issue stop sell for DSL/FTTN till Dec 4th to make sure existiing customer speeds are not affected.
              Ah that explains why the dates were so far out... thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X