Buying additional VBoxes and the two free months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying additional VBoxes and the two free months

If I were to purchase a second VBox down the road through Canada Computers would I be eligible for another two free months of the Premium Basic service or are the two free months a one time only thing at the time of signing up for new service?

I've been trying to find the fine print on Canada Computers' website but I can't seem to find it.

I have no idea ; my guess would be no but doesn't hurt to ask..related question; what is the extra charge to have more than one vbox active in a household? Saw that there is an extra monthly charge in the FAQ but no mention of how much that charge actually is

Comment

There is no extra charge to have extra boxes. I have 4 of them but we only ever have 2 going at once.

2 months free is more than enough of an offer by Vmedia for their TV service. I am quite happy with it and I am just about at the end of my 2 months free

Comment

I have also been quite happy, and two months free is absolutely a generous offer as it pays for the box itself (although if it was an option I certainly woulldn't balk at another two months on the house for a new box) In terms of the extra charge, this is on vmedia's support page "A VBox is required for each TV set to enable content delivery and all the interactive features.There is an additional fee for each VBox, but no additional fees for data usage." (https://www.vmedia.ca/support/ ) .....although I'm more than happy if this is not the case I will be buying a second box soon, thought of waiting to see if there was an updated box first but will still likely buy at least one more this month. Waiting to see what Monday brings with the upgrades to ensure that I will be happy in the long run (prime time slow downs and sports quality are the only two complaints; both of which are to be addressed shortly according to these forums and with the price point and the overall quality of the service I am more than willing to be patient).

Comment

Originally posted by habsfan View Post
          In terms of the extra charge, this is on vmedia's support page "A VBox is required for each TV set to enable content delivery and all the interactive features.There is an additional fee for each VBox, but no additional fees for data usage."

It's just poorly worded. The extra "fee" is the cost of the VBox itself. There's no recurring monthly fee for having multiple VBoxes.

Comment

Perfect, thanks alexb

Comment

You don't get a free 2 months every time you buy a VBox. It's only with the first VBox on signup.

Comment

Working...
              X