No Ottawa-based content for IPTV??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Ottawa-based content for IPTV??

OK, I drank the VMEDIA kool-aid and went all-in purchasing both Cable Modem and VBOX, then cancelled my previous ISP and Cable TV providers.
    Got it all hooked-up this week, and now I have great 25/2 Mbps internet (most of the time), and IPTV is running but only shows TORONTO based content.
    Seriously, I'm in Ottawa and I have to watch News from CBC-Toronto?
    Worse of all, I get BLACKED-OUT from watching my Ottawa Senators playing on either SportsNet or TSN......... not cool.

I've cancelled my IPTV service until I get a DATE on when VMEDIA is going to step-up and provide Canada-wide content ..... not just Toronto.
    Even the VMEDIA website raves about servicing the Ottawa-region...... a bit of a stretch from my perspective.
    https://www.vmedia.ca/tv/ontario/Otta...e-TV-IPTV.aspx

A response would be greatly appreciate.....
    C Fellows

George, any ideas on whey you plan to get Ottawa-content for IPTV? Also, the video quality was quite poor trying to watch CBC HNC over the weekend. Is this a bandwidth issue or over compressed video from Vmedia? Thanks.

Comment

PING...... seriously, no response? I simply want to know when Ottawa-based content is on your Roadmap, and when you might expect to upgrade to higher bandwidth per channel. Simple stuff.

Comment

I'm also in Ottawa and am seriously considering VMedia. If Sens games are blacked out though, and if my local channels (CTV and CBC) for news are streaming from Toronto, then I don't really see the point. Can someone confirm this for me, or offer some guidance? I currently use UnblockUS to get around blackouts with NHL GameCentre, so I'm not sure if maybe this sort of thing would help (or maybe make worse) the VMedia Toronto feed issue.

Please respond to this thread as it is critical to my decision to sign up. Glad I found this thread before committing to everything.

Comment

I'm currently in Ottawa and there is CTV Ottawa channel cant remember what channel but I think its in the 200, for NHL I ask the question already to George and he said its becuase we dont get Sportsnet Eastern channel we only get Sportsnet Ontario, they are looking in getting the Sporstnet Eastern channel but there is no ETA.

Comment

Thanks for the reply ibra0078.

As for TSN, what did you mean when you said it was Blacked Out for you, canadian_fisher? Did a different game come up, or was the channel just blank? TSN is going to be the Sens regional channel next season, so it better work well for Ottawa residents. Thanks

Comment

• canadian_fisher
              canadian_fisher commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello kyleheney, I can confirm that most of our Ottawa-based content (CBC, TSN, SportNet, etc) are not available. I think CTV Ottawa was an option but only in SD not HD (guessing). I purchased VMEDIA specifically to watch my Ottawa Senators and 100% of them are BLACKED OUT, so I cancelled waiting to hear back. On the positive side, I kept the 25Mbps Cable internet and it ROCKS!!

Any other input/real-world experiences with this sort of issue?

Comment

• canadian_fisher
              canadian_fisher commented
              Editing a comment
              Real world input...... internet speed is fantastic but IPTV signal is a bit weak and quite pixelated on my 60" LED TV. They'll need to reduce compression to compete against image quality of Rogers and Bell. 5.1 Dolby wouldn't hurt either.

So now with TSN 5 can someone in the Ottawa area confirm the Sens regional games are NOT blacked out?

Comment

CBC Ottawa channel 200
              CTV Ottawa channel 229

Comment

Originally posted by elsobranty View Post
                So now with TSN 5 can someone in the Ottawa area confirm the Sens regional games are NOT blacked out?
                Correct, you can watch the TSN broadcasted Sens games on TSN5.

Comment

Working...
                X