New Vbox Coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vbox Coming?

I was thinking of signing up but I hear there is a new Vbox coming with better capabilities and quad core. I was wondering if it would be wiser to wait for this than jumping on right now.

it is not expected for another 3-4 months. It;s going to be faster and have dual WiFi but this is not something that would be significantly noticeable if you use it for VMedia TV and not gaming or 4K TV that it's going to support

Comment

Originally posted by leshka View Post
      it is not expected for another 3-4 months. It;s going to be faster and have dual WiFi but this is not something that would be significantly noticeable if you use it for VMedia TV and not gaming or 4K TV that it's going to support
      not sure I understand.. - dual wifi? 2.4 and 5ghz?

Comment

yes, 2.4 & 5

Comment

yes, 2.4 & 5
          2 questions
          1. Trade ins? would it be possible when the new release happens?
          2. would a USB 5ghz wifi work in the current boxes?

Comment

1. I don't know yet
            2. never tested by us. Why would you use external USB WiFI?

Comment

1. I don't know yet
              2. never tested by us. Why would you use external USB WiFI?
              so I can get 5ghz on the current box and 450 or faster network speeds.

Comment

yes, 2.4 & 5

I wanted to ask you , if I cancel my internet service, I need to wait 30 days. Am i able to get the TV connected earlier than 30 days or do the Tv and internet need to be connected simultaneously?

Comment

you can't get our TV without our Internet however if you are switching from cable to FTTN and we provide FTTN to you you can get both before your cable is canceled

Comment

you can't get our TV without our Internet however if you are switching from cable to FTTN and we provide FTTN to you you can get both before your cable is canceled

I don't have cable and I already have FTTN/DSL with Bell. I just need to cancel the internet.

Comment

theoretically PPPoE login/pass could be made to let you in but we do not do it like that

Comment

theoretically PPPoE login/pass could be made to let you in but we do not do it like that

Can I get both services, TV and internet BEFORE my Bell internet is cancelled. I need to wait 30 days for them to cancel if I call in today..

Comment

Originally posted by PhukJones View Post

Can I get both services, TV and internet BEFORE my Bell internet is cancelled. I need to wait 30 days for them to cancel if I call in today..
                          Isnt that illegal now - I am not sure you have to wait the 30 days anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mapleleafguy View Post
                            Isnt that illegal now - I am not sure you have to wait the 30 days anymore.
                            http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/11...n_6116826.html
                            Did you even read your link?

OTTAWA - Beginning early in the new year, Canadian consumers will no longer be required to give 30 days notice to cancel or switch their cable, Internet or telephone subscriptions.
                            Canada's telecom regulator is banning service providers from demanding a 30-day cancellation period for contracts.
                            The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission says it got an earful about the requirement during its recent public consultations on the future of television broadcasting and distribution.
                            The order goes into effect Jan. 23, 2015.

Comment

So anyways I need answers to a few questions before I sign up..

1. Can I get both services, TV and internet BEFORE my Bell internet is cancelled. I realize I would have 2 internet connections happening simultaneously. But I do need to wait 30 days for them to cancel if I call in today..

2. How do you get billed, can I pay at a bank or through online banking instead of having it go on a credit card? Do you get a bill?

Comment

Working...
                              X