Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CNBC - Any idea on when it will be available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNBC - Any idea on when it will be available?

Been hoping to see it since October... need to make a decision as it is a "must have" channel and improvising is a pain.

Hi Lurch we are as disappointed as you are. We have been in prolonged negotiations with NBC/Universal for that as well as MSNBC and The Golf Channel, and we continue to hope. My feeling is that it will be another month and a half. Please stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeBurger View Post
      Hi Lurch we are as disappointed as you are. We have been in prolonged negotiations with NBC/Universal for that as well as MSNBC and The Golf Channel, and we continue to hope. My feeling is that it will be another month and a half. Please stay tuned.
      Hi George - any progress on the CNBC front?

Comment

Following up....

Hi George - any progress on the CNBC front?

Comment

Following up again...

Any progress on the CNBC front, George?

Comment

Paging George Burger for follow-up... Sales Aisle.

Comment

Lol Lurch, thanks for your good natured patience. I cannot claim to have overlooked your post, but as is often the case with things that pain you, one may try to avoid addressing them. You don't pain me, the fact that I have to address the CNBC/MSNBC/GolfChannel situation does. We have been pursuing a deal for over a year now, and have been unable to complete a deal. It has as much to do with small us vs. big US supplier, but also to do with the perfect storm of a series of huge transactions that NBCUniversal is involved with, i.e. going back to the Comcast acquisition, which resulted in the shuffling of execs who were familiar with our file, to the current merger between Comcast and TimeWarner cable-so we are definitely small beer. Doesn't help you or me, but that is life. The good news is we are now close and I reasonably expect us to have them lit up in 60 days, so please stay tuned. Not the answer you may want to hear but the only one I have right now.All the best, George.

Comment

Appreciate the candor George... it helps with the wait.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeBurger View Post
                  Lol Lurch, thanks for your good natured patience. I cannot claim to have overlooked your post, but as is often the case with things that pain you, one may try to avoid addressing them. You don't pain me, the fact that I have to address the CNBC/MSNBC/GolfChannel situation does. We have been pursuing a deal for over a year now, and have been unable to complete a deal. It has as much to do with small us vs. big US supplier, but also to do with the perfect storm of a series of huge transactions that NBCUniversal is involved with, i.e. going back to the Comcast acquisition, which resulted in the shuffling of execs who were familiar with our file, to the current merger between Comcast and TimeWarner cable-so we are definitely small beer. Doesn't help you or me, but that is life. The good news is we are now close and I reasonably expect us to have them lit up in 60 days, so please stay tuned. Not the answer you may want to hear but the only one I have right now.All the best, George.
                  How is the progress on this item George... any set-backs, or getting ready as expected?

Lurch

Comment

Still no word, but definitely no set backs. We are moving forward but at a snail's pace. I feel your pain.

Comment

Hi All,

Maybe sales can reply to my Question. When you get CNBC would MSNBC be available as well. Also would MSNBC be priced as a UChoose Channel
                      Or do I have to purchase the complete Supernews Package. Presently I have Rogers Digital Plus and pay extra for MSNBC ($2.79).
                      My 2-month trial of IPTV is coming due in early September and have to make a decision Rogers or Vmedia. So Far Vmedia IPTV and Cable Internet
                      have worked Flawless in my Scarborough Neighbour Hood.

Thanks

Terryl

Comment

Leshka has been so quick on the draw I have gotten slack keeping an eye on the Forum. As a matter of fact, in the immortal words of the Dancing Dwarf in Twin Peaks. "I've got good news". We seem to have broken the back of the negotiations, seriously, and are in the process of equipping to get the signals directly from NBC/Uni's bird. Timing is of course what matter for us all, and we reasonably expect to be up and running with the channels by the third week of September. There are still a few moving parts, but that is a good estimate. Thank you all for your patience.

Comment

Terryl initially we will not be able to offer MSNBC as a standalone, but given the over $20 savings between Premium Basic and the comparable package, you can add the whole Supernews package for $4.95, just two dollars more than the comparable standalone and you get five more channels.So hang in there, and thanks for your patience.

Comment

Bump

Any news on this front?

Comment

signed channel contracts. Working on technical delivery.

Comment

Working...
                              X