Deposits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deposits

Frankly im NOT impressed with the asking for a deposit towards the hardware - i dont know of any other company that does this, ESP on only renting the units? and paying it back in 10 months? super suspiscious about that but then, who am I to question their madness? just a customer...lol

I suppose, in theory, the deposit is to prevent you from just cancelling your service and walking away with the hardware. If you've had the service for 10 months, you have paid enough in rental fees to offset the cost of the gear. But I mean, even though we don't sign a contract when we sign up for service, I presume there's still some contract in place for the rental that says you have to return it if you cancel your service. To me, there's absolutely ZERO reason to rent a VBox. My only excuse to ever rent a tuner is when I don't have the money for an up-front purchase... But the box only costs $70, and the deposit is $60. Pay the extra $10, and boom, you are golden.

Comment

Originally posted by wearysky View Post
      I suppose, in theory, the deposit is to prevent you from just cancelling your service and walking away with the hardware. If you've had the service for 10 months, you have paid enough in rental fees to offset the cost of the gear. But I mean, even though we don't sign a contract when we sign up for service, I presume there's still some contract in place for the rental that says you have to return it if you cancel your service. To me, there's absolutely ZERO reason to rent a VBox. My only excuse to ever rent a tuner is when I don't have the money for an up-front purchase... But the box only costs $70, and the deposit is $60. Pay the extra $10, and boom, you are golden.

im renting ONLY b/c these guys are fairly new and NO way would i BUY something that is NOT tested and true, as the sayin goes.

cable modem i WILL buy THAT since its very popular unit and docsis 3.0 compliant with current cable...i will rent Vbox until im satisfied all features are working to perfection...again, most other companies rent and NOT ask for that deposit

edit - by the by - have read in other forums and where many of these boxes over the yrs with other providers dont last long so i tread carefully with this stuff, thats just me, 70.00 is 70.00 i dont need to waste or risk for first few months..not sayin these guys won't back these but then where would you go IF it clonked out on ya? and paid for it..buy another? to each his/her own i guess..
      Last edited by katburglars; 03-11-2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

I dunno - At $5 a month, you've got the box paid off in 14 months. I guess I can see not wanting to buy if you're only trying the service out for a month or two... But the way I looked at it, it seems to be in-demand enough right now that I'm not concerned about having to sell my box if I decide the service isn't what I want in the next couple of months. As far as "being covered if the box dies", I have *never* had a set top box die on me, of ANY kind, so I guess I'm just a bit more confident from that side of things. If it lasts at least 14 months, my initial investment is already covered.

Comment

Working...
        X