Text List of Channels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text List of Channels?

Is there anywhere with a text-based list of channels offered by VMedia? All I can seem to find is the list of channel icons which I'm not sure if it even accounts for all channels.

Comparatively speaking, ****** has this page: ******.com/search_channels.php?prov=ON so something similar for VMedia would be helpful for comparisons.

log into your account and under your profile list your channels and what you are paying for..

Comment

Originally posted by sradonic View Post
      log into your account and under your profile list your channels and what you are paying for..
      I think he's a prospective client, don't think he has an account. I don't seem to be able to locate a text-based list from VMedia about this. Maybe contact them through their online live chat system to see if they can help you?

Thanks,
      deltatux

Comment

I asked the folks in the chat, as I wanted to see what channels were offered in HD and which in SD, and they didn't have a text list. The answer I got was "All the channels we show, if they are available in HD we offer them in HD" - which I'm not sure is true, based on some of the comments I've seen around here.

Comment

Originally posted by wearysky View Post
          I asked the folks in the chat, as I wanted to see what channels were offered in HD and which in SD, and they didn't have a text list. The answer I got was "All the channels we show, if they are available in HD we offer them in HD" - which I'm not sure is true, based on some of the comments I've seen around here.
          Really depends on the feed, if it's from satellite, some are SD due to the satellite feed they get. If it's OTA, it's all HD if i remembered correctly. What I suggest is to go to a Canada Computers location with VMedia set up and see for yourself. Today I was at the North York location playing around with it, only a few channels are SD from what I can tell...

deltatux

Comment

Are you a customer? Could you post said list?

Assuming the icons are accurate on the VMedia site, that's 62 channels. I guess I might just have to write out my own text based list from the icons...

Ideally I'm looking for a semi-easy way to compare Rogers vs ****** vs VMedia. I know I don't need all the channels that I have with Rogers, but still want to cross-reference.

Comment

Hi, I would like to add some channels I have with Uchoose or Theme pack
              22. Sportsnet 360 HD
              42. History HD
              46. HGTV HD
              55. FX HD
              56. Food Network HD
              69. Nat Geo Wild HD
              77. NFL Network SD (i only get the SD feed @Jay)
              82. Action Tv SD
              85. National Geographic Channel HD
              86. MovieTime HD
              89. DiY Network SD
              96. NBA TV HD
              97. Leafs TV SD
              98. Leafs TV HD (used only for live games broadcasted by Leafs TV)
              251. Animal Planet HD
              281. Space Tv HD
              325. Documentary HD
              416. CBS Sports Network HD
              421. NHL Network SD
              508. RDS HD
              I also subscribed before to these channels (don't remember their locations) Travel & Escape SD, Dtour SD, H2 SD, iChannel SD.

Comment

Hi jdrom does this help? It is more than just icons, but not listed in a way that would best suit comparison. When I compare with competitors I typically run off paper copies and grind through them the hard way, scratching them off and so on.

Comment

Thanks for the lists. I'll try to consolidate things to my needs.

George, is that just Premium Basic or all the channels you offer? And any chance of VMedia doing some sort of comparison page? Would help with sales I'd imagine...

Comment

would be great if we can get some time shifting channels.. east vs west for programs we missed.. as no pvr function exists.. I really don't need 584. ctv2london (hd)
                    585. ctv2 windsor (hd)
                    587. ctv northbay (hd)
                    209. ctv ottawa (hd)
                    221. ctv sudbury (hd)
                    229. ctv ottawa (hd)
                    6 channels of the same program

Comment

would be great if we can get some time shifting channels.. east vs west for programs we missed.. as no pvr function exists.. I really don't need 584. ctv2london (hd)
                      585. ctv2 windsor (hd)
                      587. ctv northbay (hd)
                      209. ctv ottawa (hd)
                      221. ctv sudbury (hd)
                      229. ctv ottawa (hd)
                      6 channels of the same program
                      The multiple CTV channels are there so that people can get their local news content.

George had mentioned that the PVR announcement was going to happen today (it's the one year anniversary), but it looks like it won't be happening till next week (April 2) now: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/vmedi.../#post18573806

Comment

Thanks to all the folks above for giving some channel listing numbers, I found it helpful too.

George,

I just noticed (using VMedia's own postcode) that a competing independent IPTV provider has been added as a service provider on the zap2it tv listings.
                        Can you get VMedia added to zap2it please for every Ontario postcode?

It would be really helpful to see the full TV channel listings.
                        It would also probably drive some extra theme pack and Uchoose sales - there is nothing like actually seeing you are missing out on something to drive more sales.

Comment

i would like to add to the list:
                          142. Sun News SD
                          181. Fox News SD
                          187. Bloomberg SD
                          194. BBC World News SD
                          301. The Movie Network HD
                          302. HBO HD
                          303. HBO2 HD
                          304. MExcess HD
                          305. MFun HD
                          306. MFest SD (when will this and Encore 2 be in HD? i know Rogers and Bell offers them in HD)
                          307. MEncore HD
                          308. MEncore 2 SD
                          334. SuperChannel 1 HD
                          335. SuperChannel 2 HD
                          336. SuperChannel 3 SD
                          337. SuperChannel 4 SD (They advertise 9 Channels for Superchannel Pack but that's all you get: @ HD Channels and 2 SD, with no VoD)
                          486 to 489 is The Hollywood Suite all in HD

Comment

Working...
                          X