No announcement yet.

Is Wifi connection OK from Vbox to TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Wifi connection OK from Vbox to TV?

I have one last question before signup.

My Phone lines are not in proximity to TV and no options to move them. Is Wifi connection acceptable from Vbox to TV as I plan DSL for Internet? If not, I have to go with Cable (though the cost adds up)

I've always used Wifi and had no issues whatsoever on my 15mb connection. I would get more than just DSL 6 tho, if you have more than one TV.

Comment

If you have a reliable Wifi network then it can work just fine. I run my Vbox via a wifi connection and it runs just fine, but if you live in an area with lots of wifi access points/congestion (apartment building/condos) you'll definitely want to figure out a way to hard wire it.

An alternative to wifi is Ethernet over power lines, basically you can create a network by using your house wiring by plugging in a special adapter at each end (close to the modem/router, and a 2nd close to the TV/Vbox). Don't quote me, but I believe I saw those adapters on offer through VMedia.

Comment

Thanks to both of you. Quick response and helps me for sure!

Comment

i have one connected over wifi and one connected with powerline adapter. wifi is fine in areas with strong signal. detecting internet connection on start up is slightly slower on wifi.

Comment

i have wifi - my wifi is placed in the centre of my home on the second floor of my ceiling and I have another in the basement in the centre of my house, they are set up as a cluster with roaming feature.. so I have the house well saturated. Worst case scenario you can buy a repeater and repeat your wifi if you need to. But that said I am enjoying TV with wifi.. sometimes we have the occasionally glitch, like sound or tv breaking up, but I am living with it.

Comment

Wifi user checking in. I live in a condo with a gang of access points with no issues; even downloading a file at 5 megabits a second. but I did set my routers channel an unpopular one.

Comment

Working...
              X