Can we do self installation and dry loop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we do self installation and dry loop question

Can I just buy the service, modem, and vbox and do a self installation for TV and Internet service. Is it complicated to do?

Secondly, I already have a Dry Loop. Do I still need to pay the Dry Loop cost every month?

ya it kinda sucks but, Bell will charge installation $$ automatically when switching or installing new.. they charge the same and if you already have the same service with bell and are simply switching, its free money, half the time they dont even show up (like with my installation) they dont need to cause everything stays the same,, but the charge is still there..
    Rogers does the same..
    they charge it because they can.. not because they earn it
    dry loop charges are also charged if you dont have a bell phone line.

a loop is a fancy word for saying you have a bell phone line (wire) coming into your home (which pretty much everyone does)
    cable also is in most homes but they dont have a loop fee

dry means there is a virtual telephone number associated with the loop (you cant use it, but there is a number on the loop) and if you have bell telephone the loop fee is a hidden part of your monthly phone bill, a dry loop when there is no bell telephone but the lines are still active.
    because they need to assign a phone number to every "loop" they are able to charge a sort of "rental" fee for the line every month

these are allowed by the CRTC, and because they are allowed, the incumbents will charge for it
    Last edited by Sarum; 02-18-2015, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarum View Post
      ya it kinda sucks but, Bell will charge installation $$ automatically when switching or installing new.. they charge the same and if you already have the same service with bell and are simply switching, its free money, half the time they dont even show up (like with my installation) they dont need to cause everything stays the same,, but the charge is still there..
      When they don't show up, I still make them come back even if I don't need them to. I've also had them run lines to rooms where I don't plan on having my modem, just to justify spending the installation fee. If you're gonna make me pay it, I'm gonna get my money's worth!

Comment

Working...
      X