Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Rogers Confirmation Number for Transfer, Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katburglars
    replied
    Further, to my last point...this is a customer who posted on another site, today

...i will xx out the ISP (it is NOT Vm) in question out of respect but anyone can PM me for specific ISPs

c/p
    Recently signed up with XXXISPXXX through the group buy for the 30/5/1000 plan. I called XXXISPXXX to cancel and got the confirmation email 26 Feb (my last day would be Mar 23). Got a call from XXXISPXXX yesterday (Mar 1) that the cancellation request to Rogers from XXXISPXXX was still not done. Annoying as I specifically mentioned for them to do this immediatly during my cancellation call and they assured me it would be done the following day (27 Feb). Called XXXISPXXX back yesterday and off course the XXXISPXXX rep said, it was suppose to go out the next day but I'll do it right now. Crap like this really tarnishes a company's reputation. Treat all customers the same and with proper respect and we're more likely to be repeat customers
    end c/p
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave a comment:

• katburglars
    replied
    Originally posted by apj83 View Post
    I called in and complained regarding the same thing. I was told about 20 times that there is nothing they could do, until I hung up and called Visa and told them to stop the payment. Visa told me wait until the payment goes through and then file a complaint to have the charge reversed. I called Vmedia back and told them I was going to do this, and after 20 times hearing it was not possible to refund anything based on the days used, they refunded me the money exactly as how you described above and charged me for the 7 days of usage I wanted instead. Its just so sad that I have to be treated this way on leaving, If I didn't have a terrible experience trying to leave maybe I would consider coming back once the hit or miss service improved, now i'm not so sure I ever will.
    Hipocracy at its finest...was it not said by George, we understand your anger, blah blah blah and made it seam that we had good reason to leave? Moreover, they knew the likelihood this was going to happen - peeps jumping ship in droves as a result of - so why play the same games as their nemesis? Makes no business sense, cuz like you point out, a customer can always come back.
    .not with those hardball tactics...they'll never get it, I'm afraid

Leave a comment:

• apj83
    replied
    I called in and complained regarding the same thing. I was told about 20 times that there is nothing they could do, until I hung up and called Visa and told them to stop the payment. Visa told me wait until the payment goes through and then file a complaint to have the charge reversed. I called Vmedia back and told them I was going to do this, and after 20 times hearing it was not possible to refund anything based on the days used, they refunded me the money exactly as how you described above and charged me for the 7 days of usage I wanted instead. Its just so sad that I have to be treated this way on leaving, If I didn't have a terrible experience trying to leave maybe I would consider coming back once the hit or miss service improved, now i'm not so sure I ever will.

Leave a comment:

• katburglars
    replied
    Originally posted by vwannabe View Post

What footsteps, and what gives with the 30 day notice thing? Based on the CRTC ruling http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2014/2014-576.htm, the 30 day notice is no longer permitted.

When I cancelled robbers a year a go, they cancelled immediately without question and no cancellation fees as per their written policy. In-laws switched from robbers 6 months a go and were able to cancel on the day of their choice within 1 week without question or fees.

Can someone from Vmedia please comment if they are not following the rules on this one?

I understand the bill is paid in advance and should be pro-rated, meaning bill divided by 31 days in March subtract the days of usage = refund to customer. Since the usage is unlimited, there is no way to suggest you have used X amount of allowable data for the month and thus must pay for the entire month.

Please clarify.

Thanks
    ******..doing same to their customers... Peeps are paying the price for switching to another ISP ..rogers won't provision the modem unless and until they get the request on time for a transfer...otherwise it will be a New connection, this comes at a cost and further internet down time.
    .and the current ISP knows this, hence why the need for some form of confirmation the transfer request has been submitted to rogers to avoid any delays and costs with new ISP

Leave a comment:

• vwannabe
    replied
    Originally posted by katburglars View Post

Appears they are following in their friend's footsteps? Was afraid of this and partly why we are holding off on doing the switch
    What footsteps, and what gives with the 30 day notice thing? Based on the CRTC ruling http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2014/2014-576.htm, the 30 day notice is no longer permitted.

When I cancelled robbers a year a go, they cancelled immediately without question and no cancellation fees as per their written policy. In-laws switched from robbers 6 months a go and were able to cancel on the day of their choice within 1 week without question or fees.

Can someone from Vmedia please comment if they are not following the rules on this one?

I understand the bill is paid in advance and should be pro-rated, meaning bill divided by 31 days in March subtract the days of usage = refund to customer. Since the usage is unlimited, there is no way to suggest you have used X amount of allowable data for the month and thus must pay for the entire month.

Please clarify.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• katburglars
    replied
    Originally posted by LoopyCrayon View Post
    I am currently a Vmedia customer but I am in the process of transferring to a new provider.

I have contacted your company's support several times to provide me with a confirmation number from Rogers for my cancellation/transfer. They have refused to do so, citing a myriad of reasons.

I would like to have as seamless a transition as possible and I understand that having Vmedia submit the cancellation request to Rogers is integral to this.

I would highly appreciate it if this information could be relayed to me as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    Appears they are following in their friend's footsteps? Was afraid of this and partly why we are holding off on doing the switch

Leave a comment:

• Need Rogers Confirmation Number for Transfer, Please Help!

I am currently a Vmedia customer but I am in the process of transferring to a new provider.

I have contacted your company's support several times to provide me with a confirmation number from Rogers for my cancellation/transfer. They have refused to do so, citing a myriad of reasons.

I would like to have as seamless a transition as possible and I understand that having Vmedia submit the cancellation request to Rogers is integral to this.

I would highly appreciate it if this information could be relayed to me as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Working...
X