Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pixel View Post
    I'm guessing Bell must have made a VERY sweet deal with VMEDIA
    to get some of their customers to convert to FTTN.
    I think so, given that I have now received four invitations to switch.

Comment

I for one got the invitation and I'm looking forward to moving to FTTN. CIK has been one of the worst cable experiences I've ever had on cable in recent years. To this day, it's never consistent. Saturday is the big day! I looked at the costs, and FTTN was the best value for about the same as I'm paying now vs moving to the DIRECT TPIA Vmedia has now. Not to mention much better upload.

I live in a building that has a VSLAM in it, so 25x10 will be no issue I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by koreybray View Post
        CIK has been one of the worst cable experiences I've ever had on cable in recent years. To this day, it's never consistent.
        You have to wonder why people's experiences vary so greatly. I can honestly say that my service is rock solid for a year now with the exception of the December/January debacle.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Total View Post
          You have to wonder why people's experiences vary so greatly. I can honestly say that my service is rock solid for a year now with the exception of the December/January debacle.

I guess it depends on how you may be routed? or the times you use your service.

For me, peek times (8 to 11pm) I'm seeing regular speed drops... CIK router issue slow downs, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Total View Post
            Same with me. I've been with VMedia for almost 2 years and the VMedia>CIK>Rogers internet service has been rock solid right up until a couple of weeks ago. Then I started having problems where my speeds were all over the place, everything from the full 25/2 I'm paying for down to a dribble (with TV freezing) and eventually nothing at all. So I called VMedia on Sunday May 17th and got a live person (Ethan) right away. After a few minutes he determined there was a problem with the service to my house and said he'd book a Rogers tech to come to my home. Two days later (Tuesday morning) the Rogers tech showed up, ran some tests, and determined there was a loose connection out on the street. 20 minutes later the problem was fixed and the internet was back to being rock solid. Given that it was a long weekend with no-one working Monday May 18th, to say I'm *extremely* pleased with how fast the problem was resolved would be an understatement. This has further solidified my belief that there's absolutely nothing wrong with getting internet via the current VMedia>CIK>Rogers set up, and I see no point whatsoever in leaving my grandfathered plan and paying money just to cut CIK out of the picture.

Comment

I JUST moved to the FTTN from CIK cable.. and I can say, Bell techs for one have changed... great attitude, went the extra mile and would not leave until the service was in full working order.

The service it self, is much better, more stable speeds so far... Tonight will be the test but I have a feeling CIK being out of the picture, will fix all issues!

With the switch from cable deal I was offered, the only cost was the modem, which I will make some back when I sell my old cable modem which can be used by someone else! Monthly it will be exactly the same price as cable was, so a complete wash! Much better network too!

If you got the offer, I strongly think you should go for it!

Comment

Does anyone know how long is the Dry Loop costs going to be waved? The order sheet says it is a Promo

(Monthly discount -$8.00) PROMO

and the contract says:
                "....end on the last day of the period stipulated with respect to that Promotion. Thereafter the customer will be billed for the relevant Service at the regular price"
                I would like to switch as I am also having evening slowdowns but don't want to see extra costs or increases again.

Comment

I asked that same question and was told it would be waived for as long as I have FTTN service with VMedia.

Comment

Hi,

Hacksaw2085 is correct, there is no expiry on the dry loop credit with the FTTN promotion. As long as you continue your DSL service, at your original installation address, this will be waived indefinitely.

Comment

I just switched to FTTN,now I want to know how to send back the modrem for refund,I was told I need the original package that I no longer have,is it right

Comment

Hi chunglee,

Our Customer Care Team will be able to provide you with the details for shipping your current modem back to us. If you do not have the original box, we can still accept the modem back, but there will be a small deduction for this. 1-855-333-8269. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by koreybray View Post
                          I JUST moved to the FTTN from CIK cable.. and I can say, Bell techs for one have changed... great attitude, went the extra mile and would not leave until the service was in full working order.

The service it self, is much better, more stable speeds so far... Tonight will be the test but I have a feeling CIK being out of the picture, will fix all issues!

If you got the offer, I strongly think you should go for it!
                          I got the same good service. Bell guy showed up. I gave him the tour and showed him where the line comes into the house. He noted that there were *4* different phone lines coming into the house from different hack jobs. He apologized about the previous tech screwing up so much, ripped off all 4 old lines, ran a new line to the pole and ensured everything was working inside. Even Rogers had 2 lines on my house.. he figured out which was live and which was no longer in use and pulled the dead cable off the side of the house too. A+

I was stunned.

Comment

I've now received my fourth e-mail enticing me to switch to FTTN from CIK Cable.

I have to say that I'm quite tempted by the offer,
                            but the pessimist in me keeps repeating
                            "if it looks too good to be true, ...it probably is... "

I mean, I get...

1- Better technology (Dedicated fiber vs. Shared cable)
                            2- Better service 25/10 rather than 25/2
                            3- Free upgrade to better modem
                            4- All for the same monthly price, and free dry loop.

My concern is, what's the catch... ?

I don't trust Bell for second,
                            so for them to offer Vmedia such a seemingly good deal,
                            they must be angling for something.

I fear exponential rate hikes once I'm locked-in,
                            or stoppage of the free dry-loop fee,
                            ...or some kind of price hike down the road ...

I have no complaints about CIK-tel (...although
                            that could just be good luck or good Karma ...),
                            so I'm not desperate to change.

I switched to Vmedia [partly] to get away from the big guys.
                            Now I fear I'm getting sucked back in...

Are my fears justified ?
                            Am I the only one hesitating on this [good] deal ?
                            What say those of you who made the switch ? Good ? Bad ? Ugly ?

LMK,
                            Thanks,

Comment

I've been happy with the switch and have have not had any issues. I was told on this forum that the dry loop fee will not be re-applied as long as you remain a customer at your current address. Seems fair and like a good deal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hacksaw2085 View Post
                                I was told on this forum that the dry loop fee will not be re-applied as long as you remain a customer at your current address.
                                Is that in writing anywhere ?

[ My wife is a legal assistant so if it not written on paper, it doesn't exist... ;-) ]

--

I guess I'm over-paranoid that Bell will eventually try to have me bend over....
                                (... as they always seem to want to do... )

P.

Comment

Working...
                                X