Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving

I will be moving in a couple of weeks and would like to keep my vmedia internet service. I couple of other companies in my area a currently offer free installation and I was wondering if there is anything vmedia can do to wave the installation fee?

Not likely... Because companies like VMEDIA have to use the local phone company or cable company to reach their customers, and are charged for these installs, close to what you have to pay for installation, it makes it hard to eat those costs. Some companies charge more for their service or tie you to a contract to get around this so they can afford to eat those costs, but most like Vmedia are month to month services, so they end up having to pass directly the installation costs to the customer.

Keep in mind I don't work for Vmedia... but I have been with wholesale/tpia providers for some time and that's been the common information passed to customers on all of them.

Comment

Hi joecanadian,

koreybray said it as well as I could. Unfortunately the installation fee is not from our side, and we charge essentially what our cost is from the underlying provider, to try and make it as affordable as possible. I think you'll find that other companies may offer free installation, but this is because they come with term agreements on their monthly plans, or they increase the cost of hardware or monthly plans in order to offset the installation cost.

Comment

Originally posted by MattVMedia View Post
        Hi joecanadian,

koreybray said it as well as I could. Unfortunately the installation fee is not from our side, and we charge essentially what our cost is from the underlying provider, to try and make it as affordable as possible. I think you'll find that other companies may offer free installation, but this is because they come with term agreements on their monthly plans, or they increase the cost of hardware or monthly plans in order to offset the installation cost.
        The company I was thinking of going with offers the same speed and unlimited plan that I am currently getting with vmedia for 5 cent a month more. I would like to continue being a customer of vmedia but it's going to be hard to pass up the free installation offer.

Comment

Working...
        X