Cable 25/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable 25/2

What happened to the 25/2 cable package? I have been nervous to switch, and this weekend finally was about to make the switch to VMedia. The package was $39.99 and that's what I pay now, so the switch wasn't going to effect the bank account - but now the only comparable service is the 30/5 $49.99. That's an extra $135 extra a year that I didn't want to pay. Thoughts from the sales team?

Rogers forced them to drop that plan and doesn't support it anymore. VMedia can only offer 30/5 and 60/10 now. Which sucks for any new customers. That 39.99 price point was such a great value.

Comment

Sucks for existing customers as well. I have to move - which I am told will cost me a $64.95 installation fee, forced upgrade to 30/5 with not only a cost of $10 more per month but forced to by a new modem as well.

Comment

You need a new modem for 30/5? I thought that was only needed for the 60/10. Even then I thought the 6120 would be able to support both of those profiles.

Comment

I suspect that it's more to do with quality of service. 8 channels vs 4, means they can run slower speeds per channel to give better range and quality.
          The 6120 is capable of 160Mb but that would be unreliable even at the shortest distances. A quick look at the current compatibility matrix and it seems to me that they are all now 8 channel docsis 3 modems.

Comment

Working...
          X