Phone Service and setting up VOIP on a smartphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Service and setting up VOIP on a smartphone

I currently have a Vonage account and have been with them forever now. I'm considering moving my phone over to vMedia, but the big question I'm wondering about is whether you can setup their service through a VOIP phone app? I currently use and love the Vonage app where I can make calls using my minutes through the smartphone app. I don't have have a voice plan on my phone at all, I just use data, so this is a big consideration for myself.

Hi modsuperstar,

Great question - our phone service is currently restricted to our VoIP hardware (HT701 & DP715), but an iOS and Android application are under development which will allow you to take advantage of your VoIP service from your smartphone. We're still a few months away on these being available, but certainly something you would have access to in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by MattVMedia View Post
      Hi modsuperstar,

Great question - our phone service is currently restricted to our VoIP hardware (HT701 & DP715), but an iOS and Android application are under development which will allow you to take advantage of your VoIP service from your smartphone. We're still a few months away on these being available, but certainly something you would have access to in the future.
      question : there are many great apps already out there: media5 and many more.. would it possible if you gave users their ID and password and they config an app?

Comment

Hi,

We're not supporting third party applications at the moment, it's a possibility in the future but we're currently focused on our hardware and the development of our VMedia VoIP application.

Comment

Originally posted by MattVMedia View Post
          Hi modsuperstar,

Thanks for the info. Good to know there is something is coming down the pipe.

Comment

I use Magic Jack GO works great & does exactly what you are asking for.

Comment

Get a net talk duo from best buy or Walmart for 75$ perfect quality calls when u buy it u get a year free and every year after that is 50 a year so worth it don't pay high prices for a home phone that costs 20-35 a month

Comment

I tired the Net Talk Duo 2 years ago found it very unreliable, Magic Jack GO has worked great for me, call quality A+ and very reliable.

Comment

We use ooma and are quit happy with it as well. Some friends of mine use voip.ms and are happy there too.

Comment

Originally posted by snickers View Post
                    We use ooma and are quit happy with it as well. Some friends of mine use voip.ms and are happy there too.
                    Just looking into Ooma that looks to be exactly what I need. Hoping to track down a used adapter on Kijiji then cut my bill down and get the same functionality.

Comment

I have a back up line which is Magic Jack.. works much better than the others plus it is only $3/month for free long distance and Calls in North America - plus has an app for your iDevice..
                      when you travel abroad - you have a North American number that follows you - free long distance.

Comment

Working...
                      X