• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an IPTV solution...

Hi folks...

Looking for an IPTV solution - I've had it with Cogeco's "idea of value."

I have some specific questions...

1) Most stations broadcast with Dolby Digital surround and I've seen some "hints" that VMedia TV services are stereo only. Could someone confirm the situation - and if it is *variable*, is there a list of stations that define which are HD and the audio format?

2) VBox: Most media players on the market have a list of supported CODEC's and containers that are supported. Its nice that VMedia ads shows XBMC, but without proper format support my movie library will not play... and of course XBMC is irrelevant. Is there a link or document that outlines - in a comprehensive fashion - what is supported?

2) VBox: Processing power. what bit-rates can the box support for playing back media. I rip all my own blurays - without remuxing. These files are typically 15-30GB's. Often over 20mbits/sec... Can this box handle this?

4) Transmission partners seem to have different packages - many of them do not seem to have UChoose packages... is this true?

Thanks for your help...

Rob

Hey guys, I'm looking to dump Rogers and I'm rootin' for you but I can't believe the above post has been unanswered (I found it through Google trying to see what audio quality was available on your service). These are all intelligent questions and perhaps posted in the wrong category but I'd appreciate an answer to them if possible.

P.S. You have "splinter" instead of "splitter" in regards to what your tech is responsible for in your FAQ. Spell check doesn't always know better.

Comment

Originally posted by rporetti View Post

2) VBox: Processing power. what bit-rates can the box support for playing back media. I rip all my own blurays - without remuxing. These files are typically 15-30GB's. Often over 20mbits/sec... Can this box handle this?
      Can't personally answer the other questions, but the VBox uses an Amlogic SoC: http://www.amlogic.com/product03.htm

Pretty much if a basic dual core Cortex A9 Android tablet clocked at 1 GHz can work with your videos, the VBox shouldn't have a problem either.

deltatux

Comment

Working...
      X