Kingston Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingston Service

I'm interested in VMedia for TV, but understand that I need to have internet service through you as well. I currently have 20M/150cap service from Start.ca via Cogeco for $39.95. I'm interested in your 25M/unlimited service for $39.95, but the only option coming up is $54.95 for 20M service when I attempt to subscribe. It's also listing the package as DOCSIS 2, but my current plan is DOCSIS 3. Is this information correct?

Hi sorry I just read your note, wow we really can't compete with Start at 39.95 we pqy more for the service wholesale. I will look into the Docsis 3 v. 2 question, and yes in order to get VMedia TV you need to get our internet or that of one of our partners. Thanks for considering us.

Comment

i was going to get your vmedia tv but i won't switch from bell im getting 50/10 for 40.00 a month and ULT bandwitth cap so i will have to pass and look for anther place that does what you do but i don't need YOUR internet Plan

( you should offer the TV part only if people want to do that )

Originally posted by GeorgeBurger View Post
      Hi sorry I just read your note, wow we really can't compete with Start at 39.95 we pqy more for the service wholesale. I will look into the Docsis 3 v. 2 question, and yes in order to get VMedia TV you need to get our internet or that of one of our partners. Thanks for considering us.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyfk View Post
        i was going to get your vmedia tv but i won't switch from bell im getting 50/10 for 40.00 a month and ULT bandwitth cap so i will have to pass and look for anther place that does what you do but i don't need YOUR internet Plan

( you should offer the TV part only if people want to do that )

That's not possible, go ask the CRTC why, nothing VMedia can do, their hands are currently tied so far as offering standalone IPTV. Regardless of whom you went with for IPTV (when another is available in the area), you will need to be on their "network" to receive the broadcast, unless they peer with the IPTV supplier. So as long as you stay with the incumbents, IPTV will not be an option for you unless they A) peer with the IPTV supplier (unlikely) or B) the CRTC modifies its rules with respect to broadcasts having to take place over a "closed network".
        Last edited by Trentelshark; 12-09-2013, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X