Home Phone - No Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Phone - No Customer Service

I ordered vMedia's home phone service on August 23 and within 24-hours provided the required documentation. Unfortunately another member of my family asked vMedia to hold the port because there were some concerns over the quality (we've tried other voip services before). Ultimately I contacted vMedia support six days after the order was placed to advise them the hold could be taken off. Unfortunately nothing happened. I contacted vMedia support again on September 6 to be told the port occurred and that I needed to reboot the base (despite the fact my land-line continued to use the number we wished to port). In fact, we went so far as to reset the voip box. I was then transferred to a secondary agent who focused on voip services. This individual told me that no request had been made to remove the hold. After providing him with the ticket number of the previous conversation the agent advised me that the previous agent did not remove the hold. The agent then told me that it would take 3-5 days for the port to occur and that they would email me the port date so I could be prepared. Tragically it is September 14 now, 17 days after I advised them to go ahead with the port (deposit the hold made previously) and I have received no communication from vMedia.

I am not sure what to make of this other than no one cares about the customer? I have not given any reason to deserve such poor service. Not sure I can continue doing business like this.

Update:
    I just received a call from my landline provider attempting to convince me that paying more for less is better; after we came to the conclusion I was not interested they advised me of my porting date. Knowing that this was going to occur, it would have been helpful for vMedia to advise me that my landline provider was going to call to confirm the porting (despite signing the paperwork).

Update:
    We have had vMedia telephone for two days now and unfortunately things have taken a turn for the worse. Using instructions provided by a vMedia support member, I reset by grandstream because the out going telephone number was showing up as the temporary number. After resetting the device the telephone did not work. At this point I contacted vMedia support via chat where they told me to wait for it to register. After an hour it did not register. They then told me to reset the device again. It still did not register. They then told me that I had to wait until Monday when a tech would contact me (ironically the same individual who told me this never contacted me about when the porting would occur). I asked if they could do anything else or contact someone who could as having my home telephone was important to me (especially because I have family matters to attend to and if there was an emergency, how would I dial 9-1-1?) Well without service until Monday (as they have no one who can help over the weekend) - I might have to begin looking for a new service provider who recognizes that real life is not Monday to Friday. #VeryFrustrated

Update:
    A secret ninja from vMedia has let me know they have fixed the problem with my grand stream downloading a broken configuration file and things are now working! #HappyCamper
    Last edited by Munzo; 09-21-2014, 08:40 AM. Reason: Good news!

I sell VoIP as well, and the incumbent is not supposed to call you to dissuade you. They also are not allowed to block for any reason beyond not being able to confirm the account holder.
    They typically use the latter loophole to perform the former.
    If you take issue with this and wish to follow up with it, you may file a complaint with the CRTC.
    I believe legally once you have signed to start a port, unless the incumbent does not believe it's you (missing LOA information), nothing can stop it, not even if you change your mind because they gave you a better offer.

Comment

Bell had done this for years.. unless you can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt like proof of a recorded phone call or written form - good luck..
      this is nothing new.. age old practice of Bell bad mouthing or in our case, i also provide DSL for business - they will always tell our clients - our equipment is to blame or delay repair to bell equipment until your client is lost. it was and is impossible to prove.
      Last edited by sradonic; 09-16-2014, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X