Switch from cable to FTTN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch from cable to FTTN?

I am currently on the 100/10 cable plan. I sometimes find it spotty. Would I see an improvement in reliability if I switched to the FTTN50 plan? Other than buying the new modem, what else would it cost?

Originally posted by BadDogTItan View Post
    I am currently on the 100/10 cable plan. I sometimes find it spotty. Would I see an improvement in reliability if I switched to the FTTN50 plan? Other than buying the new modem, what else would it cost?
    You wouldn't see any difference. We could check RF levels on your modem and make sure that they are within specification.
    You can also try restring your modem to see if there is any difference. For any assistance, feel free to give us a call at 1855-333-8269.

Comment

OK. I am also considering lowering my speed to Cable 30/5 with Premium Basic to save some cash monthly. I originally upgraded to the 100/10 to stream through Kodi, but I am throttled down to 5 mbps during primetime anyhow, so there is no point in paying for a service I cannot use.

What would the 30/5 with Premium TV cost monthly with taxes in (I don't rent any equipment)? $56.95 + Tax = $64.35?

Is there a fee to downgrade?
      Last edited by BadDogTItan; 07-06-2016, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Premium Basic - $44.95
        Cable 30/5 - $56.95 (with Basis or Premium Basic)

Which adds up to $115.15 with tax.

Comment

You will 100% see a stability increase when going from cable to fttn. My brother is 10 houses away and he's on cable. His service is horrible. My 25 dsl is rock solid and speeds are stable around 23-25down

Comment

Thanks bmantdot. Just looking at the postings for cable vs. dsl there are almost three times as many for cable.....

Comment

If I change from Cable to FTTN, will I be eligible for free installation or is that only for new customers?

Comment

Hi blackielox,

Yes, you would qualify as it is considered a new order with Bell, and as such, are eligible for free installation on FTTN plans.

Comment

When I had considered ordering Fibe TV through Bell, the tech was here for three hours, and could only get a maximum speed of 3 Mb downloads. That was some time ago, and I don't know if Bell has upgraded the service in my area or not. If I ordered FTTN 25, but Bell could only deliver 25, what happens? I am afraid I would get into some kind of nightmare with my cable being cancelled, and unable to reinstate without service fees, etc., etc. We all know the story.......

Comment

Hi,

Customer Care Team can validate FTTN speed availability at your specific address by phone before you place an order. You can also hold off on cancelling your cable service until after FTTN is installed and activated. 1-855-333-8269

Comment

Yes. Bell confirmed for me over the phone, but when the tech came, it was another story. Guess I would hold off on cancelling the cable until I knew for sure. Thanks, Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by MattVMedia View Post
                        Hi blackielox,

Yes, you would qualify as it is considered a new order with Bell, and as such, are eligible for free installation on FTTN plans.
                        I tried to switch to FTTN but was told by customer service that it isnt available at my household. However I know that when I looked into getting Bell FibeTV it was definitely available... am I missing something here?

Comment

Hi,

Please PM me your customer ID, will confirm if our tools from Bell show availability or not.

Comment

Working...
                          X