Congrats on the Roku launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats on the Roku launch

Noticed on FB you have launched VMEDIA on Roku!

I think this is a smart move, as the trends show people are moving away from locked "TV BOXES", and more into add ons for current devices.

Just wondering if the Android app will be coming to the Google Play store as well in the future? As well is there any plans to bring Google Chromecast into the mix as well?.

Yes congrats as well on this. I am doing the free trial right now. So far impressed to a certain degree. On that note I've noticed a few issues. One the sound keeps going out on various channels and have to toggle to another channel and back to fix. Also I notice the sound between channels are inconsistent where one channel is super loud and others I literally have to crank my soundbar to get decent volume not good lol and a few hours earlier one channels audio was off for a bit outta sync.

Comment

Originally posted by koreybray View Post
      Noticed on FB you have launched VMEDIA on Roku!

I think this is a smart move, as the trends show people are moving away from locked "TV BOXES", and more into add ons for current devices.

Just wondering if the Android app will be coming to the Google Play store as well in the future? As well is there any plans to bring Google Chromecast into the mix as well?.

We do want to move in that direction. However, there are regulations limiting us to provide our service or any hardware out there. If those changes come, we will welcome it gladly.

Comment

Originally posted by daboom View Post
        Yes congrats as well on this. I am doing the free trial right now. So far impressed to a certain degree. On that note I've noticed a few issues. One the sound keeps going out on various channels and have to toggle to another channel and back to fix. Also I notice the sound between channels are inconsistent where one channel is super loud and others I literally have to crank my soundbar to get decent volume not good lol and a few hours earlier one channels audio was off for a bit outta sync.
        Can you please specify the channels with which you experienced issues? Is it still persisting?

Comment

I know for sure it did this on global channel this morning and I can't recall the other one.

Comment

All channels are playing fine at the moment. If you notice anything please post back and we will check it right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose (JP) View Post

We do want to move in that direction. However, there are regulations limiting us to provide our service or any hardware out there. If those changes come, we will welcome it gladly.

Would you do what you are doing on Roku with an Android and perhaps an apple tv app? I think even the Roku model on multi platforms is a step in the right direction.

Comment

We want to do it and we are working on it.

Comment

Yes so far so good today. And I would love to see this on other platforms. How long does the roku trial go for as I want to get my Mother inlaw to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose (JP) View Post
                    We want to do it and we are working on it.
                    This is great news Jose. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by daboom View Post
                      Yes so far so good today. And I would love to see this on other platforms. How long does the roku trial go for as I want to get my Mother inlaw to try it.
                      The Free trial is for 7 days. As of right now we have no plans to end this promotion. It will be offered for all our new signups.

Comment

Really nice move in the right direction. It would be nice to see Apple TV, Android TV/ ChromeCast eventually supported. Roku is very nice but has a limited programming ( developer tools) model.

The other thing I don't quite understand is why Canadian news channels, such as CBC Newsworld, are never part of these basic packages. While nowhere near as popular as sports, many people do follow 24 hour news channels. Even if we're an AddOn to the skinny package that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by pmcd View Post
                          It would be nice to see Apple TV, Android TV/ ChromeCast eventually supported. .
                          This is next step for us. Hopefully available next year.

Even if we're an AddOn to the skinny package that would be great.
                          CBC Newsworld is available in UChoose. If you have VMedia internet, you can add this channel for $5.95/month.

Comment

i have been using it for a week and its pretty good, but sometimes it freezes or volume disappears and i have to change channels and go back to fix it. Overall, i am very happy with the move.

Comment

Good luck with the pre-emptive court ruling against Bell's cease and desist letter!

It is an absolute nonsense from Bell. Cable companies transmitted basic analogue cable in the clear for 50+ years to subscribers. There is a clear analogy here to sending your signals to subscribers over the internet without the need for a proprietary box.

Moving to internet transmission is no different to moving from analog to digital broadcasting, it is the simple development of new technologies and standards over time.

I hope Bell get sent packing, and the courts also send out a clear message that all cable companies should send out their rebroadcasts of OTA signals in clear QAM and over the internet in apps and stop defrauding the public with unnecessary set top boxes for basic service. (Though I'm sure they will see that as outside of the scope of case before them).
                              Last edited by Swift; 10-05-2016, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X