Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to transfer internet service from Bell to VMedia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MattVMedia
    replied
    Hi Hazy!

Really great question.

The best way to approach this would be to have VMedia internet installed first, on its own dry-loop, and once installed successfully, request Bell disconnect their existing service.

You are able to have 2 DSL connections concurrently, and each can be provisioned on their own unique dry/wet loops (incoming wiring).

When signing up for VMedia DSL, it's important that you do not elect to have our service provisioned over an existing Bell "home phone line", because if you elect to cancel home phone service with Bell, and/or Bell's internet service is also provisioned on this line, cancelling their service could also result in our service being disconnected erroneously.

Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• Hazy
    started a topic How to transfer internet service from Bell to VMedia?

How to transfer internet service from Bell to VMedia?

My parents have a small vacation home that is currently being served by Bell Fibe internet service. I.suggested that they could switch to Vmedia to potentially save a little bit on their monthly bills.

My question is, what is the proper steps to follow when transferring services from Bell to VMedia? I am afraid that if they don't do things in the proper order, that a Bell technician might physically come out to disconnect the Bell line at the box, before the Vmedia service date begins.
Working...
X