Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screwing current customers by not automatically applying price drops.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screwing current customers by not automatically applying price drops.

When looking to research pricing for a potential new VMedia customer I noticed that the top tier plan I have has dropped $15. I have no idea when the new price came in to effect, although the service rep claimed it was this month.
    Not only does Vmedia not automatically make the pricing change to my account when they drop prices, claiming that they don't know that I want to make that change. Who wouldn't want to save $15 per month, but they then want to charge a $10 admin fee for the change. I'M NOT CHANGING MY PLAN!!!!! I just want to be billed the current advertised price and not be overbilled every month.
    How long would this have gone on if I hadn't noticed on my own?
    They claim I would be receiving an email soon notifying of these changes and asking me if I would like to make changes to my plan. Again who wouldn't like the same service for cheaper. I also call BS on this as the any other time they have lowered prices, I have never been notified by VMedia. Somehow I seem to magically be looking for internet for a friend or family member the same month that the price drop has occurred. You are good however at making sure I know when prices go up, don't want the CRTC coming after you.
    DO BETTER VMedia......

After reading a post by another member I discovered that they have also dropped the price for TheSkinny TV package by $5, but that is currently for new customers only(doesn't say that on the website). Existing customers will be able to take advantage of the new pricing through My Account in the coming months, once they have completed some development on the backend apparently. Oh and if the customer is so inclined as to make those changes to get the better pricing for the same package they currently have.

"We have adjusted the pricing of (some) core TV packages slightly, which are currently available to new subscribers.

For existing TV subscribers, we will enable migration to this new price for those inclined via My Account in the coming weeks. This functionality is currently in development. In the interim, we can process this adjustment by request with our Customer Care Team by phone at 1-855-333-8269."

Comment

I’m glad we were able to adjust your Internet and TV pricing and see we waived the plan change fee as well

While we do regularly adjust new customer (re: in-market) rates displayed on our website, we have chosen not to proactively adjust pricing for existing subscribers in parallel.

Our 'in-market' pricing changes quite regularly, and while we do our best to lower prices as frequently as possible, these prices do increase as well. If we were proactive in adjusting existing subscriber pricing in parallel with in-market pricing, the result would be numerous rate adjustment notices throughout the year, some of which may be lower, but will include increases as well.

Instead, what we do is honour the price you subscribed to, and consistent with your service agreement.

With that said, we allow all our subscribers to switch to any 'in-market' plan through VMedia's My Account portal. Again though, how advantageous this may be will depend on your current plan and the price/date of sign-up. It would not be uncommon for an existing subscriber to view currently available 'in market' plans in their My Account and discover they are currently paying less for the same (or similar/comparable) plan.

Comment

Originally posted by MattVMedia View Post
        I’m glad we were able to adjust your Internet and TV pricing and see we waived the plan change fee as well

While we do regularly adjust new customer (re: in-market) rates displayed on our website, we have chosen not to proactively adjust pricing for existing subscribers in parallel.

Our 'in-market' pricing changes quite regularly, and while we do our best to lower prices as frequently as possible, these prices do increase as well. If we were proactive in adjusting existing subscriber pricing in parallel with in-market pricing, the result would be numerous rate adjustment notices throughout the year, some of which may be lower, but will include increases as well.

Instead, what we do is honour the price you subscribed to, and consistent with your service agreement.

With that said, we allow all our subscribers to switch to any 'in-market' plan through VMedia's My Account portal. Again though, how advantageous this may be will depend on your current plan and the price/date of sign-up. It would not be uncommon for an existing subscriber to view currently available 'in market' plans in their My Account and discover they are currently paying less for the same (or similar/comparable) plan.
        How can I get my Internet and TV pricing adjusted with the change fee waived? Are there magic words to use when speaking to customer service?

Comment

No magic words needed! Just give our Customer Care Team a call and ask nicely

Comment

Originally posted by MattVMedia View Post
            No magic words needed! Just give our Customer Care Team a call and ask nicely
            I called in and asked nicely just like you said. The pricing was immediately adjusted. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X