Using a slingbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a slingbox

Anyone hooked up a Slingbox to a vbox? Does it work well?

Anyone? I am interested in this as well

Comment

I started to look into this but realized, for me at least, there was no point. None of my 4 vboxes can run for even one week without becoming non-responsive to the remote and needing to be power-cycled. That's true even when I leave one turned on. Slingbox will only send IR signals so unless I was going to buy an IP controlled power plug it was a non-starter. FYI, in my short quest I saw no indication someone has created the template of vbox IR codes that the Slingbox needs.

Also I'm really frustrated with Slingbox now as all the embedded Slingplayers are headed for extinction. E.g., my WDTV Live Hub player no longer works very well and will likely never see another code update. Roku requires using your handheld to either view directly or push the stream to a TV. I only want a Slingplayer if it's in a STB so I've pretty much given up on them. The Android Slingplayer is very low resolution for a phone so no use on an Android STB.

I had a good run of 6 yrs or so with my Slingbox but it's destined to become a boat anchor. I'm pursuing other avenues for both of these use cases.

...Fred

Comment

Thanks. Have a dead slingbox, and was thinking of getting a new one.

Comment

Working...
        X