Will Crave TV work with Vmedia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Crave TV work with Vmedia?

My wife and I have seen the recent TV ads for Crave TV. This looks like a fantastic Netflixish service for a ton of shows. We're interested in signing up but at the bottom of their website (http://info.cravetv.ca/) it lists cable companies that it will be available through. Vmedia isn't listed, but Rogers is. For this example, are we really Rogers cable users? Or since Vmedia isn't listed it won't be available for us to try out? It comes out tomorrow and they don't have an FAQ or anything yet. Any insight would be appreciated. Cheers.

i would like to know this as well, Vmedia sub's off of Bell for all cept over-the-air locals,, so i would imagine so.. but would still like confirmation

Comment

No. You have to subscribe to Bell, Telus or Eastlink TV to get Crave. The list at the bottom of that page is to let you know if those service providers start offering Crave, which I highly doubt they will since Rogers and **** have Shomi.

I'd be very surprised if Bell made it available to anyone else to be honest. The point of Crave is retain their customers, to lure people into their TV service and take business away from Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by alexb View Post
        No. You have to subscribe to Bell, Telus or Eastlink TV to get Crave. The list at the bottom of that page is to let you know if those service providers start offering Crave, which I highly doubt they will since Rogers and **** have Shomi.

I'd be very surprised if Bell made it available to anyone else to be honest. The point of Crave is retain their customers, to lure people into their TV service and take business away from Netflix.
        but only offers TV shows if I am correct. but netflix offers both movies and TV so its a better buy

offtopic - silliness - cravetv is trying to set a world record longest tv watching http://Info.cravetv.ca?504375
        looks like old citytv lots in the back ground. there is a lady sitting on a yoga ball looks like she has to pee badly LOL
        Last edited by sradonic; 12-10-2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sradonic View Post
          but only offers TV shows if I am correct. but netflix offers both movies and TV so its a better buy
          Yeah, only TV shows, hence the $4 price point.

Comment

Originally posted by alexb View Post

I heard they will be getting Rogers, just not at launch. They want to get all the Tv providers signed on. And Showmi wont require a tv provider when it gets out of beta and has the benefit of movies and kids shows. They are very different services. I wouldn't consider craveTV a netflix competitor at all but I really hope vmedia gets it

Comment

Originally posted by days101 View Post
              I heard they will be getting Rogers, just not at launch. They want to get all the Tv providers signed on. And Showmi wont require a tv provider when it gets out of beta and has the benefit of movies and kids shows. They are very different services. I wouldn't consider craveTV a netflix competitor at all but I really hope vmedia gets it

If they're going to make it available to Rogers eventually, they might as well make it available to everyone regardless of whether they are subscribed to a TV service. What difference is there to Bell if someone subscribed to Rogers has it and someone who isn't subscribed to any TV provider? They're not getting the TV subscription revenue either way.

Comment

Is there any official word on this front? I know it is currently only available to bell telus eastlink etc, but the site implies that it will soon be made available to other TV providers and I would like to know if VMedia is in talks to get this available here when that happens.

Comment

We have not yet contacted Bell about it. Have you tried https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lmedia.cravetv ?

Comment

Yeah tried that... Its similar to "GO" apps in that you have to sign in through a service provider. Looks like a great service that vmedia should be a part of.

Comment

I'm not really sure why people insist on paying for something that is already available, free $$ and commercial free....it's called xbmc
                      Another money grab by a large corporation...crave is not good

Edit...I hope vmedia honestly doesn't get involved, or get their customers involved in this junk

Comment

What is xbmc? people all over this forum talk about it... Tried searching it but not really getting any simple answers for it...
                        Last edited by TMLVCLAK; 12-26-2014, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Xbmc is a media player, it has been renamed to kodi recently. Just type it in Google, download the newest android arm version and follow online steps to install fusion. If you need help you can pm me.

Comment

Thanks slyde... Just couldnt really find a definitive answer for it but after some research I understand why. And ol'timr do you really have nothing better to do? By that I meant I just want a simple straight up answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyde View Post
                              I'm not really sure why people insist on paying for something that is already available, free $$ and commercial free....it's called xbmc
                              Another money grab by a large corporation...crave is not good

Edit...I hope vmedia honestly doesn't get involved, or get their customers involved in this junk
                              This is a bit disingenuous. The streaming sites from XBMC AddOns can't be compared to CraveTV, Netflix, etc... While they may contain more content you do realize that they are somewhat shady?

Comment

Working...
                              X