Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

transfer from Rogers to VMedia with blanacing still owing to Rogers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer from Rogers to VMedia with blanacing still owing to Rogers?

If I have a balance owing on my Rogers account, can I still switch to vMedia? Has anyone done this?

i transfered and didn't pay rogers a month to make sure I get a final proper bill from rogers.

Comment

You will need to return the Rogers modem before your Vmedia modem will work.

Comment

Originally posted by marscounty View Post
        That is incorrect.. You can have both running at the same time if you want... as long as there is different modems. Vmedia works the moment they activate it, but if you don't return the modem or pay your balance, they can and will charge you fees and send you to collections.

Comment

that is not correct.. I used my rogers modem and vmedia modem together for two days [ my router is capable of having 4 internet feeds at once ] - then once i was sure it all worked I returned my modem to rogers, that officially closed my account..

Comment

Funny...........when I had to return my Rogers modem before my Vmedia modem would work. It was a matter of modem provisioning on my line. So I am not incorrect, as that is fact. Sradonic you have a load balance router that can handle 4 WAN connections at the same time?

Comment

Funny...........when I had to return my Rogers modem before my Vmedia modem would work. It was a matter of modem provisioning on my line. So I am not incorrect, as that is fact. Sradonic you have a load balance router that can handle 4 WAN connections at the same time?
              Rogers might me up to something about preventing cancellations - maybe they are playing games.
              Yes, I have a Router / Firewall that is paying off .. it has load balancing, user restrictions - I have young kids that when I say no, it means no, they don't get it.. so based on user log in.. i have time of day restrictions that automatically kick in like magic.. plus it has banner blocking, anti virus, much more..
              not to mention I am able to restrict bandwidth to devices or users.. being I am the king of my domain, [ not really wife is the boss] - I set that I receive more bandwidth than the rest of the my minions LOL

these type of boxes start at $100 to purchase not expensive for what piece of mind they provide, plus that have anti intrusion / hacking blocking - IP blocking etc.. [ the biggest feature I like - I get to monitor what website my peeps surf without being in any of the individual devices, so they block, delete cache and history all they like LOL ]

The box i have is closer to $1000 - but worth every penny.. plus I resell them so I get them much cheaper and free subscriptions.
              Bottom line is all firewalls have some form of web/email threat management as well.
              here is cheap and cheerful one for home usage..
              http://netgear.com/business/products...#tab-techspecs
              is it about $280
              http://www.downloads.netgear.com/fil...eet/en/UTM.pdf
              Last edited by sradonic; 02-25-2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Find an old computer give it a few network cards and you can do all of that fancy UTM Firewall stuff for free...

Comment

Sophos Home UTM is awesome. I just haven't set mine up yet.

Comment

Originally posted by pbeaul View Post
                    Find an old computer give it a few network cards and you can do all of that fancy UTM Firewall stuff for free...

http://www.sophos.com/en-us/products...e-edition.aspx
                    cool - that is a great DIY home project -- sadly it is only as safe as the 'hole' /back doored OS it is installed on.. first you should clamp down on the OS and machine and make sure it is clean and secured .
                    Last edited by sradonic; 02-25-2015, 01:48 PM.

Comment

It's a linux based UTM firewall... You don't install it "on top" of any OS, it becomes the OS of the machine.

Comment

Working...
                      X