Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was everyone supposed to get the latest price hike "communication"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was everyone supposed to get the latest price hike "communication"?

I don't really want to keep harping on VMedia's dismal customer relations/communication "strategy", but this latest event has me entirely confused because I have yet to see any kind of email communication regarding price changes nor is it available on the blog or anywhere else I've looked.

Does this change affect everyone or only Rogers service areas? Has anyone in Cogeco service areas received the notification? Since Vmedia isn't going to, can someone post it to the forums so I can understand what's going on...

The email they sent me ended up in my spam folder. Maybe yours has too.

Comment

Originally posted by pbeaul View Post
      I don't really want to keep harping on VMedia's dismal customer relations/communication "strategy", but this latest event has me entirely confused because I have yet to see any kind of email communication regarding price changes nor is it available on the blog or anywhere else I've looked.

Does this change affect everyone or only Rogers service areas? Has anyone in Cogeco service areas received the notification? Since Vmedia isn't going to, can someone post it to the forums so I can understand what's going on...

i think Volunteer mods aren't affected by the hikes but don't quote me

Comment

It looks like an across the board increase for internet customers at least, mine went up by $10 plus tax. Nothing like getting 1/2 the service and paying 20% more for it...truly a company that doesn't deserve the customers they have. If I had a penny for every apology I've received I would get a month free.

Comment

Originally posted by katburglars View Post

i think Volunteer mods aren't affected by the hikes but don't quote me
          I wish but definitely not the case

Comment

Originally posted by Hacksaw2085 View Post

I wish but definitely not the case
            i know i know..kidding

Comment

Yea, I've checked my junk mail... and I have nothing from Vmedia in there. Can some one post the email so that I know what's going on?

Comment

I have been with Vmedia for only six months and today I got hit with a 20%+ rate increase with 4 days advance notice. Is this company interested in keeping customers? I am going to evaluate my options.

Comment

I just checked my Vmedia Account and they have adjusted my 45/4 Internet to the $5.00 discount.
                  Thanks Vmedia.

Comment

I did not get the communication email as well, I am on DSL+ Basic TV, and when I check my account, I can see the TV Price increase from 24.95 to 29.95.

Comment

Originally posted by pbeaul View Post
                      Yea, I've checked my junk mail... and I have nothing from Vmedia in there. Can some one post the email so that I know what's going on?
                      Dear ,

We are writing to you to advise you of upcoming changes in our pricing structure for our internet residential services. This is a very difficult process for us. As you know, it has been at the core of VMedia's mission to provide an affordable alternative to the major players for Canadian consumers, with the objective of providing top-quality service at prices substantially lower than that of our competitors, large and small.

In pursuit of that objective, we launched our business in April, 2013, with the best internet and TV prices in the market, measured against comparable services. We have kept those prices unchanged for almost two years now, against the pressures of increasing bandwidth usage, and the rising cost of bandwidth associated with that.

We continue to adhere to our policy of offering unlimited usage at prices little different than those which our competitors charge for capped services, and when compared with the major players, much less than theirs.

In the meantime, since our launch, demand for bandwidth has almost doubled, and that has had a direct impact on our cost of the bandwidth we supply to you.
                      However, notwithstanding the changes to our prices which we will be introducing as of March 1, our prices will continue to remain among the lowest in the market, and the savings that our subscribers will enjoy can be as high as $1000 per year with some of our triple play bundles, which we have recently introduced. Details of those bundles can be found here:www.vmedia.ca/bundles.

Our price changes will be as follows, and will be reflected in your invoices as of March 1, 2015.

Please be aware that in setting the new price for your internet service, we have adjusted prices the minimum amount possible to enable us to maintain margins that will allow for VMedia's internet services to be a sustainable business. They remain the lowest-cost unlimited service in the market, well below most of the capped services of the major players, and little different from the capped services of many of our ISP competitors as well.

As of March 1, 2015, your monthly price for your internet service will be $59.95.

The details of the results of price adjustments to your monthly bill can be found in your My Account portal.

We remain committed to providing high-quality, and ever-improving TV, internet and home phone services which, especially in bundles, can provide the best values and most generous savings in the market. After considering our increases, and most competitive prices in the marketplace, we hope you will agree.

Thank you, and best regards,

VMedia

Comment

Haha, finally I can read the damn thing! Thanks alexb.

Comment

Working...
                        X