Possible New Speeds with Rogers TPIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible New Speeds with Rogers TPIA

So, with VMedia at some future point getting a new Robbers TPIA (begining of May per leshka), leshka also mentioned that it should open up new speed options. Now this interests me. Taking aside any current speed issues that VMedia has, and hoping that the new TPIA fixes that, Robbers is currently offering Unlimited 250Mbps service for $94.99/month and Unlimited 100Mbps service for $84.99/month (that's after a 3 month teaser price). Not bad considering I'm currently paying $62.95/month for 45mbps. If the TPIA fixes VMedia's overall speed issues, I could easily see myself pay around $79/month for 100Mbps or $85/month for 250Mbps. Think this might be in the offing?

Originally posted by patrique View Post
    So, with VMedia at some future point getting a new Robbers TPIA (begining of May per leshka), leshka also mentioned that it should open up new speed options. Now this interests me. Taking aside any current speed issues that VMedia has, and hoping that the new TPIA fixes that, Robbers is currently offering Unlimited 250Mbps service for $94.99/month and Unlimited 100Mbps service for $84.99/month (that's after a 3 month teaser price). Not bad considering I'm currently paying $62.95/month for 45mbps. If the TPIA fixes VMedia's overall speed issues, I could easily see myself pay around $79/month for 100Mbps or $85/month for 250Mbps. Think this might be in the offing?

That would be great in the real world... lol if it comes to pass, I pay $74.99 for 60/10 if they could actually produce the ratted speeds at prime time as well , I would get the 100/10 for the price of $ 79.00

Comment

that sounds like a screaming deal.. i would be all over that too

one thing im wondering is
      does rogers have some sorta "fair-usage" policy?
      cause i would imagine vmedia would need to do the same

just thinking if they got a few dozen people downloading "the whole internet" using 10+ tb a month in certain area's, it would cost us all, cause although we are all unlimited, the TPIA is blocks per gb transfer..
      i hate the idea of limits and the deceptive term "fair-usage-unlimited" (thats an oxymoron) but it would probably be done. im sure all ISP's have some sorta fine print like that.
      wouldnt bother 99.9% but the 0.01% would be freaking out having their usage capped

Comment

I'd be fine with it at 2.5 TB. then reduced speed down to say the next lower level for anther 2.5 TB. and so on and so forth.... until down to the lowest offered level. at 2.5 at a time...

Comment

Originally posted by Info1

Thanks for bringing this forward. I look once in awhile and 250 @$89 might be a good options. Need to consider the TV option at the same time as you can not have VMedia on another providers cable. Another stupid CRTC rule for IPTV providers...unless this has change

m
          this will eventually change, if not soon,, it will eventually.. this is the way the market is going, can only hold back with legislation so long before the masses go elsewhere fill their lack of freedom void
          case point: 90's grey market TV from the USA... the USA offered so much more programming so people started subscribing to USA providers like Directv and Dishnetwork in droves (pirating came soon after) after outlawing grey market in in april 2003, the CRTC began more freely allowing specialty channels while relaxing mandatory canadian content rules... nowadays we are almost on par with the USA specialty programming.. i wonder if this would have happened if grey market had not interfered so much into TV programming providers profits.
          banning something will only do so much, the dangers are the more that do it, the less "illegal" people feel they are being.. the people's needs/wants are an unstoppable force and no amount of legislation will stop them, ask shiela copps. :-)

Comment

We will offer 15M and 100M plans with our direct TPIA.

Comment

We will launch 100m plan but might hold on to 150 and 250 ones

Comment

Originally posted by leshka View Post
                We will launch 100m plan but might hold on to 150 and 250 ones
                If you can fix your speed issues with the Robbers TPIA, and offer the 100Mbps service for $79/month or less, I'll be signing up. But for $5 a month less, it better be reliable.

Comment

Well, this is interesting.

I was just offered to transfer from VMedia's intermediary ISP to Robbers. The problems? My 60/10 plan is no longer an option.

What is an option is that I either:
                  a) reduce my speed
                  b) change to 100/10.

Reducing my speed would be like going back in time. No thanks.

Changing to 100/10 not only charges me $19.95, but gives me a monthly charge IDENTICAL to Robbers AND I have to buy a new modem for $200. Robbers at least includes the modem in their monthly charge.

What a shame. I figured that now that VMedia has gotten so big they seem to be doing the same thing Robbers did - and in fact, now having the audacity to offer us LESS for MORE.

Comment

Hi,

60/10 is available and a current inmarket plan for Rogers. You would be able to transfer and keep this plan. Can you please PM me your customer ID, would like to check this and see why it isn't showing as available. Thank you.

Comment

Leshka : i still haven't recieved any email - regarding the tranfers of cable connection from CIK to Rogers. any updates on this one

Comment

Hi,

You can transfer from CIK to Rogers TPIA at anytime by completing a speed change to an inmarket plan (if you are on a grandfathered plan). This can be done through your My Account portal at www.vmedia.ca. Alternatively, we can also process this manually for you if you reach out to our Customer Care Team by phone @ 1-855-333-8269.

Comment

Working...
                        X