PVR not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PVR not working

Yesterday I wanted to record a live event. So I plug a USB stick in with sufficient capacity. Turn on the box expecting to follow the steps outlined on the web site to record the program. Not. Turn on the box nothing. I mean nothing. I have two boxes so I tried the other box same deal. There are no trouble shooting steps on the web site for this that I can find. No list that says I can't us a 16 GB USB stick from Lexar no help at all. I guess I can wait and see if it gets replayed at a latter date after I have read the outcome on the web so it will be fair less interesting to watch. I would make a ticket but the last two tickets I setup received an acknowledging e-mail but no actual action so I am on the form hoping a user will no what I am doing wrong.

When you went into home > settings > recordings to enable the storage device, did your device display and was it set to ON? Or did it not show up? What is the storage file system of the device? NTFS is the recommended file system and works best.

Comment

I turned on the box the green light came on that is it. In order to get to the menu the box would have to boot. I also tried with the box powered up. Hit record it brings up the dialog box asking for device I turn the option on a plug in the USB stick. The stick is displayed but everything is frozen the power off button on the remote does not even work. The file system is standard FAT 32 as all these devices are now. If I have to format this V-media should post a procedure as part of set up.

Comment

Doesn't sound like a file system issue on the device, I'd recommend reaching out to our VBox Support Team so we can look into this for you and get you back on track. 1-855-333-8269.

Comment

Could you please let us know brand of the usb or a url link to where to look up its default specs

Comment

It is a 16 GB Lexar

Comment

it's not working because its usb 3

please use sdcard or hdd because usb 3 flash is not supported

Comment

Thank you if and when my service is back I will try an older USB that is not for USB 3.

Comment

Working...
                X