Why must my service be down for a minium of 4 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why must my service be down for a minium of 4 hours

I am currently without an internet connection. I contacted Vmedia support, tech concluded the problem had to be with Rogers. Now that my be. I don't understand why Vmedia wants my connection to be down for 4 hours however before they will inquire on behalf of a paying client with Rogers. I was down for 1/2 hour before I called. Is this not just deferring the problem to a point in the day when getting a Rogers service tech to check my line won't happen until Wed. at the earliest. From the forum I can see others are not in trouble now there is no reason to expect my problem is anything other then local. What if it is as stupid as someone at Rogers flipped the switch and shut me down. That can be resolved in minutes. The cost gap between Rogers and Vmedia has closed. At par on service Vmedia loses and I hate Rogers with a passion so how do you think I am feeling about Vmedia. Any of you out there have experience with **** I can install their service for TV and go back to ******** on internet they were great. I work from home internet unlike TV is need not a want.

I'm on Rogers through VMedia and had no issues, so it must be localized to just your area

Comment

Originally posted by Gamp View Post
      I am currently without an internet connection. I contacted Vmedia support, tech concluded the problem had to be with Rogers. Now that my be. I don't understand why Vmedia wants my connection to be down for 4 hours however before they will inquire on behalf of a paying client with Rogers. I was down for 1/2 hour before I called. Is this not just deferring the problem to a point in the day when getting a Rogers service tech to check my line won't happen until Wed. at the earliest. From the forum I can see others are not in trouble now there is no reason to expect my problem is anything other then local. What if it is as stupid as someone at Rogers flipped the switch and shut me down. That can be resolved in minutes. The cost gap between Rogers and Vmedia has closed. At par on service Vmedia loses and I hate Rogers with a passion so how do you think I am feeling about Vmedia. Any of you out there have experience with **** I can install their service for TV and go back to ******** on internet they were great. I work from home internet unlike TV is need not a want.
      We could send our tech out but his ability would be limited to confirming an issue unless it us a splitter or cable issue.

Comment

Hi Gamp,

Please PM your account number or contact details so that we can arrange a tech visit.
        Last edited by Jose (JP); 03-16-2015, 08:54 PM.

Comment

In the absents of (JP) being on line I PM Leshka. I have not received any contact. About 10 minutes ago I call Tech Support and amazingly only seconds before I called they received a message from Rogers requesting more information from my Modem. Funny this is the same information I gave the technician yesterday when I was told I have to wait 4 hours. This is a joke but I am not laughing.

Comment

Hi Gamp,

Very sorry about this. We opened a ticket with Rogers regarding this issue and forwarded the information your provided to them. We can clearly see that your signal levels are out of specification and this is the root cause of your troubles. Rogers asked us to confirm this information again with you this morning, which we did. Your ticket is awaiting a scheduling from Rogers for a technician visit, and we are confident this signal issue will be resolved with this visit. As soon as Rogers confirms the date/time this will take place, we will contact you to let you know. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Down 30 hours now. Received a call late yesterday a tech was available to visit. Only problem they have been working to solve my problem at a the wrong address. No tech available for here I guess. Ops start all over. Address was pointed out on my first call 30 hours ago. I am seriously questioning a decision to have my phone , TV and Internet all dependent on an internet connection.

Comment

10:30 AM no call from Vmedia to advise what is going on. Working at Tim's not very nice.

Comment

Hi Gamp,

As per the update, your IP was having an issue. The issue should be resolved now. Please power-cycle your modem and check for internet connection.
                  An agent has been assigned as well to confirm if your internet is back.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
                  Last edited by Jose (JP); 03-18-2015, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X