Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the issues?

Hey everyone

I don't have vmedia I have been reading these forums for over the past 6 months to see if certain problem will ever change before I try it out.

Let's be honest vmedia reviews on dslreports are not good that is one of the things that make me shy away from your service. My question is why is there issues with cable etc? I see so many people state the internet connection is crap how is that if you have cable through rogers then switch to vmedia it seems to get worse?

I would like to know what changes/improvement are going to be done come May 1st to ensure some issues are addressed.

Thanks

For the most part the service is pretty good, been a customer since Feb 27th right now there cable internet goes through CIK Telecom and after May 1st it'll be going directly from Rogers to VMedia's network which should vastly improve everything.

Comment

Currently
      User->Rogers->CIK Telecom->VMedia

After May 1st
      User->Rogers->VMedia

Comment

always keep in mind, 99% of people posting about ANY company on websites are complaints of some sort, the happy people rarely post..
        so going off of DSLReport's complaints can be misleading.. yes some people have had problems, but wide-spread problems are rare.

the only was you can fully ascertain how well everything is to pull the trigger and try it out.

every company in business (especially ISP's) have many complaints in DSLreports.. rogers, bell have record breaking complaints that make vmedia complaints look like nothing..
        its par for the course, so keep an open mind while judging any company by complaints alone. the people without complaints are sitting back watching their problem free televisions and not posting how good it is.. (there are exceptions, but most happy customers do not say they are happy by posting online)

Comment

the biggest issues will be the reliance on CIK and intermittent throttling etc that Vmedia have had to deal with, chasing third party providers, with little control has been a nightmare as you can see in this forum.. this will all change now.
          nwe all know the problems with cable and where they originate from, but the bottom line is, it is vmedia's problem to deal with, i think they have handled it quite well in those cases, considering what they were up against. there were some customers (rightfully so) that didnt care who fault it was, they just want what they paid for.. im optimistic, this is resolved now with may 1st fast approaching.

Comment

Originally posted by agovereau View Post
            Currently
            User->Rogers->CIK Telecom->VMedia

After May 1st
            User->Rogers->VMedia

That should be more like this, shouldn't it?

Current - User->VMedia->Cik->Rogers
            After May 1st - User->VMedia->Rogers

Comment

I am glad VMedia has been able to finalize an agreement with Rogers. I know what they can be like on the B2B side. I have been a cable internet customer since September 2013 in London. My service has been solid. No major issues.

Comment

Originally posted by wearysky View Post

That should be more like this, shouldn't it?

Current - User->VMedia->Cik->Rogers
                After May 1st - User->VMedia->Rogers
                No all traffic initially goes through Rogers, basically like a VPN to the 3rd party ISP of your choice (CIK, Start, ********, etc)

Comment

I've been with VMedia Internet+Premium Basic Iptv since December 2013 in Etobicoke, Toronto. No major issues for me. I am on the 45down/4up (right now @ 7:30 pm I'm getting 42down/4up). I am thinking to switch to the new plans in the summer. But I will wait for the new prices & plans, before I make a decision.

Comment

Thanks for the replies my one questions is you see posts of a&e out of sync, page wont load etc how are these going to be addressed come may? Why do these happen

Comment

Those are encoding issues, doesn't happen that often but when it does Matt usually has them corrected right away

Comment

hey, I am in Brampton, i have being running this box for three months now, had nothing but problems. latest issue remote buttons don't work except the power button. anyone has answer.

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Which remote do you have? Is it the 2.4 ghz remote with keyboard on the back? Only power works, nothing else?

Comment

It sounds like the 2.4ghz remote got unpaired. Since the power button is the only button that uses IR, it would make sense.

Comment

Pressing the 1 and 9 buttons while close to the dongle will re-pair. Hold until the LED flashes 3 times.

Comment

Working...
                              X